Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a 2002 Civic Type R EP3 since last november.
I've noticed that my coolant temperature rises in heavy traffic. The default standing is about the 40% when I drive at normal circumstances. But in a big traffic jam it goes up to 75% by itself. It goes down after a while (or when I can change 2nd gear)but it is moving up and down between 40%-75%.
Is that normal? :wow

Any idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PKR said:
Is your thermo fan running when it warms up? Thats what i'd check first.

If thats all fine then its more than likely a suspect radiator.
I didn' t hear anything when the temperature goes down. I should have hear some noise from the thermo fan?
You mean I should change my radiator?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Let the car warm up in the driveway and watch the temp. Once it gets past the normal opperating temp you should hear and see the fan(s) start running on the engine. If they dont switch on then thats it.

Take it to Honda/Acura and get it sorted, last thing you want is to overheat an R engine :noo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PKR said:
Let the car warm up in the driveway and watch the temp. Once it gets past the normal opperating temp you should hear and see the fan(s) start running on the engine. If they dont switch on then thats it.

Take it to Honda/Acura and get it sorted, last thing you want is to overheat an R engine :noo
It never goes up on straight way. It goes up when I have to "stop and go" for minutes. But it never went further than 75%.

My serviceman told me I should not worrie, but like you told: "last thing you want is to overheat an R engine"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts