Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take a ride the other day. It was a nice sunny day and I was crusing between 55-60 on a nice twisty turny road. I came around this one corner and before I had time to react I nailed a huge spot in the road that had been dug up for a culvet. This hole was so deep that it was about 3-4 inches below the pavement. I hit so hard that it shoved one of the strut mount washers down over my strut. I thought that I broke a spring or even worse.

The worst thing about it was that the guys that dug the hole didn't even mark it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the only thing that pissed me off was that it happened on a sunday and I couldn't get the new strut mount. Once I got it. 20 minutes to change.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yeah once I hit a freaking nice pothole in a horrible construction zone driving home one night. So I get a flat. No biggy, I put on my spare and drive home. The next day, I look at it a little closer, there is a 4" gash running across the tread. I'm like oh shit, and I look at the rim, the rim is cracked as well. So the next day I order a new rim and tire, then they notice that the rim on the other side is all bent up from probably a pothole as well, no biggy that ones not leaking air. So they take off the spare and see that the spare is all bent up as well, and I would need a new spare just incase I get a flat again. FUCKING CONSTRUCTION! What a good way to waste 500 bucks in a matter or minutes. On the other hand, I can get the rim repaired for about 100 bucks, then just get a tire for about 100 and if I get a flat my body kit wont be scraping the whole way home like it would be if I were on a spare.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just hit a huge hole on a main street in downtown albany that had not been marked or anything. When I first dropped into it I slammed on my brakes so I didn't nail my front end on the way back up. I made it through without any problems but it was a two lane road for god sakes they could have at least closed the section off.

·
Registered
451 Posts
debris

3 nights ago i was on my way to my girls house and it was around midnight and i was on the highway doin about 80/85 and i was comin around a bend in the left lane and the car in front of me swerved almost out of control and the next thing i know there was a stredded truck tire right in front of me. i hit it and it took out me driver side turn signal and left a huge scuff on my paint

·
Registered
271 Posts
listen to this shit , im driving past the new lowes here and its liek 5 oclock traffic, so everyones tailgating eachother. i see a brown thign come out from underneatht he car in front of me and it looked like the box checks come in or something. so i just keeep going and let it go underneath my wheel( really didnt have time to turn anyway) well guess what............it WAS A FUCKING BRICK!! holy shit my car almost got air from that shit and i thought my rim and tire were shot. but everyhting was cool thank god

·
Registered
61 Posts
plumkzy said:
I decided to take a ride the other day. It was a nice sunny day and I was crusing between 55-60 on a nice twisty turny road. I came around this one corner and before I had time to react I nailed a huge spot in the road that had been dug up for a culvet. This hole was so deep that it was about 3-4 inches below the pavement. I hit so hard that it shoved one of the strut mount washers down over my strut. I thought that I broke a spring or even worse.

The worst thing about it was that the guys that dug the hole didn't even mark it.

sue the government! u almost lost ur life bro. thats just not right, they should have covered it with steel plates. its thier fault so sue them and get money for ur car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts