Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and one of my friends was talking about this subject and i was wondering what ya'll thought about it...
putting two car against each other on the road course with identical drivers and suspension, only difference is motor.

car#1 LS-turbo setup/gsr tranny w/lsd, running a quick spooling turbo, making around 250whp

car#2 Stock b18c5 and tranny

what do you guys think would be the ideal car for road racing? my friend says the b18c5 and i somewhat agree with him as far as it being a better motor for road racing, but i still think that the LST would be overall faster.

this is just an opinion thread to get some ideas...thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Too many other variables. Temps, tires, weight of the cars...

Turbo cars are great on long tracks but you also have to have more cooling items cause that turbo will be EXTRA HOT!

Whereas the B18C5 is more reliable for longer durations.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
if you just want the fastest laptime the turbo will win...even if you were using a larger turbine with more lag, if there's a straight the itr would get slaughtered...of course that's just imo....250whp with 200+ tq is alot compared to a stock itr that has like 100 tq lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
well iff you have a small twisty track like the one by me, turbo's are pointless, your never in the gas ling enough to make a diffrance, as soon as they spool up your braking for the next corner, to me all motor is the only way to go

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i agree that the all motor setup is probably the best way to go.

however you can choose a turbo that will spool up very quicky and reach full boost under 3500rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.