Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is rockford fosgate good or not? I heard different opinions from everybody, what do you all think?

·
Registered
231 Posts
wapmonk said:
is rockford fosgate good or not? I heard different opinions from everybody, what do you all think?
old RF stuff - good (as in before BestBuy sold it!)
new RF stuff - CRAP, decent quality same as infinity or lanzar amps. IE CRAP (IMO BTW)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The old BBQ grill amps were sweet. Personally, I wouldn't touch anything else from RF. Granted they have some nice HU's now, that are made by Denon, but if I wanted a Denon deck I would BUY a Denon deck, wait, I already DID, hehe.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
RF used to charge a buck a watt...now we sell a 2400W (max) am for 473$..and its only 400w RMS at 4 ohms..

go zapco or go home:lol2:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I'm a fan of their subs. I've got a pair of 12 HX2 DVC's that I've been really pleased with. With the amps though I think everyone else is right. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not going to get anything good from RF unless you start to get to there high end stuff HE2's ect. If you are look at there cheaper stuff - stay way from it. IMO

·
Registered
231 Posts
LudeAction said:
RF used to charge a buck a watt...now we sell a 2400W (max) am for 473$..and its only 400w RMS at 4 ohms..

go zapco or go home:lol2:
:D i think i found a zapco buddy! :p

·
Registered
53 Posts
rockford used to be great but now they suck. I like Zapco but you can get as much if not more power cheaper with JBL. i personally have an old Zapco 19v line driver (really nice piece of equiptment) so it doesnt matter to me. but stay away from RF

·
Registered
53 Posts
i know there arent many amps that can can handle it. the JBL bp1200.1 can handle 12 for contious play and 16 for competition. hell even at 12v of input power is a lot to ask from an amp.

·
Registered
105 Posts
rf used to be the shizzzy, but when they got away from hand building them and went production line for best buy and other high volume retailers they went right to SHIT! if you can find some old school r/f amps 1996 or older in good condition JUMP ON IT!

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
personally, I am a fan of infinity, and despise pretty much everything else.

:)

ESPECIALLY KICKER

·
Registered
53 Posts
i can agree with you on the Kicker part. they suck infinity is overpriced JBL kinda like Lexus/Toyota in the end they are both Harmen Carden

1 - 15 of 15 Posts