Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
How are ACL bearing?

theyre not "performance" bearings if thats what youre asking. ive never heard any complaints with them though.

and flyingtoaster...ive never heard anything bad from honda bearings either. care to elaborate?

·
Registered
699 Posts
ACL is good, you just have to make sure your clearances are perfect upon installing them. Same thing with OEM bearings. I'd prolly go with ACL bearings tho....but oem is very good.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luder_jai said:
you guys gona hate me for askin this...
but could u please explain to me..

what is a bearing?
no its cool
do u know how a motor is kinda built. u have pistons, then the pistons connect to the rod. so where does the rod connect to. the crank. well for the rod to rotate on the crank it needs bearing. ill find a picture for u....

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
Honda bearings are good. Ive talked with alot of people. I used them in my Crx racecar. I think Gude uses them in there cars too.
Maybe I've just had bad experiences. Last summer, the thrust bearing in my flywheel broke and I ended up replacing the clutch assemby. It only had 75k miles, most of which were driven by a woman. My new Honda throwout bearing ended up whistling at idle about 6 months later, but I ignored it. A few months ago, the mainshaft bearing in my transmission died, so I had to pull the tranny, open it, and replace the bearing (I did the throwout bearing while I was at it). The only things that could have caused the bearings to fail were riding the clutch and bad flywheel alignment, and neither was an issue. Honda might make good journal bearings, except for the ones in D16Y8 rods that are known to fail, but I wouldn't trust their ball bearings.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
On my d16a6 I built(in the process of building I should say) I used honda bearings because I didn't have to machine any of the rods or crank jornals so they have a color code for a select fit, buleprinting the factory way pretty much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.