Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok it had to be asked. i've watched the now dead speedvision enough to see rodger foo kick the crap out of some stiff competition. what exactly did he spend on that little b16 to get the power out of it? i've heard rumors of it being a completely stock bottom end and that he runs a dc sports 4-2-1 open header... what exactly did they do to it?

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no offense but i think you're full of shit mike... a 2.5L prelude motor wouldn't be allowed in the world challenge. the only reason they let foo run before was because he was running a setup that was available in another country. sorry mike but a 2.5 L prelude motor is absolutely out of the question... you're full of it. :rolleyes:

· Registered
25 Posts
it is a b16a dave,omni man,& a couple of other people helped biuld the engine but like another person (madtownhonda) has already stated most of the car is suspension just like project beta aka the skunk2 integra before it was painted blue when it was still silver with the mugen rnr knock-offs on it (z.speed rules) my car was built by the same people at group a auto sports in hayward ca. but they've recently moved down south but that was the best shop and they had an in shop dyno

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
5gencivic said:
no offense but i think you're full of shit mike... a 2.5L prelude motor wouldn't be allowed in the world challenge. the only reason they let foo run before was because he was running a setup that was available in another country. sorry mike but a 2.5 L prelude motor is absolutely out of the question... you're full of it. :rolleyes:
Yeah i usually like to spout useless facts so people think im cool.

World challenge? Are we talking about the same person? I thought this was the SCCA....

Either way i dont know how or why it was a 2.5L , but it was... At least if were talking about the yellow hatchback.

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah mike, i just re-read my post and i didn't mean to sound like a dick...
anyways, yeah the title of the race is the SCCA/Speedvision World Challenge race series. there was the touring cars and GT class.
the reason that SCCA let Foo run the civic hatch hybrid was because there was a place in the world where that setup was available. so if he had tried to use a 1.8 l hatch back they would have said no because there was never a civic hatch back from that model year with a 1.8 l motor. that is why i find it hard to believe that scca would allow him to run a hatch back with a 2.5 l motor. not only that but he'd never get a 2.5 stroker to last the torture that he would put it through... it'd be dead by the time he was done with the race. nor would the car be ready if he was dropping in a 2.5, his weighting on the car would be way off and it would need to be corner weighted and the suspension re-done.

· Registered
114 Posts
b16a. no stroke allowed by scca rules.
scca rules are VERY stringent.
Foo had minor head work. factory shit throughout.
amazing suspension. light weight. anchors for brakes.
he won the championship in the corners.
a light car like that? he was going into the corners hotter than a steaming pile of shit and doing all his passing there. what he didnt have in power he made up for in momentum.

last i heard...and i think it was at the begining of last season...he was competing in a $12,000 car. INCLUDING PURCHASE PRICE OF THE CAR. yes kiddies it CAN be done. you just have to be asian. b/c asian dudes are connected. i dont know what it is. maybe the asian maffia or something but asian dudes know everyone.

BTW TO THE ASSES THAT THINKS H22 CIVICS CANT HANG:
have you driven one? IF Foo IS driving an H22 civic he is gonna be even crazier next year.
"his weighting on the car would be way off and it would need to be corner weighted and the suspension re-done". ARE YOU A MORON??? what the fuck do you think these guys do with their spare time? bone the engine out for more power? NO THEY CANT b/c SCCA RULES. they fine tune the suspension. they balance the car and tweak the camber, castor, toe in, and toe out. his suspension and driving skill is the reason he won. not the engine.

ALSO i do agree *partially* with the stroked h22 2.5L not lasting a full race. the rod ratio would be crap. unless the engine was built properly. which NO DOUBT the engine WAS built properly. ANYTHING is possible.

· Registered
131 Posts
right now at Modacar (modacar.com) they have roger foo's call in their show room, Its for sale $20,000, or oyu can rent it for scca events. Its got a B16a type R Pistons,rods, Integra R cams, Ported/Polished head and intake manifold, JDM Header, and a tuned ECU. Its got 180 wheel hp and 123 lbs of tq. It cool, modacar is about 20minutes from me, Ive sat in the car...

· Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ProjectXXX said:
have you driven one? IF Foo IS driving an H22 civic he is gonna be even crazier next year.
"his weighting on the car would be way off and it would need to be corner weighted and the suspension re-done". ARE YOU A MORON??? what the fuck do you think these guys do with their spare time? bone the engine out for more power? NO THEY CANT b/c SCCA RULES. they fine tune the suspension. they balance the car and tweak the camber, castor, toe in, and toe out. his suspension and driving skill is the reason he won. not the engine.
easy killer. i'm not gonna get all worked up... it's just the internet... but it was said that he blew the motor and ran the car with the motor swapped in that weekend. sorry but you don't have the time to balance the car and get it all set for racing. besides... you just said it yourself, you can't do that according to scca rules... no reason to go off on me... chill.

· Registered
385 Posts
ProjectXXX said:

he was competing in a $12,000 car. INCLUDING PURCHASE PRICE OF THE CAR. yes kiddies it CAN be done. you just have to be asian. b/c asian dudes are connected. i

im not trying to start an internet fight, but it sounds like this guy got too much of his information from playing too much gt3. Have you driven an H22A powered civic around a race track? I havent, but im sure it would not be worth fucking with on anything other than a straight line becuase of weight and balance and turning capabilites. Plus, like you said, SCCA rules wont allow it, so why would he have one next year? Also, if he won purely on driving skill, then why didnt he win last year with the same car??? Im saying, i also doubt he won just because hes asian.....

Plus someone else said about a 1.8 never being offered in a civic, but didnt they offer it in the VTI in austrailia or some shit? I could be wrong, but probably not as wrong as this guy up here above me..

· Registered
114 Posts
the question isnt wether or not ive driven an h22 civic around a track...the question is HAVE YOU EVER DRIVEN an H22 Civic PERIOD?

I havent, but im sure it would not be worth fucking with on anything other than a straight line becuase of weight and balance and turning capabilites
no i havent driven mine around a track...YET. the suspension isnt tuned. it drives fine around town, on back roads, and on the highway and highway on-ramps. if i had the backing of group a autosports...i WOULD have a tuned suspension no matter WHAT engine is under the hood. hell it could have a V8 in it and with a properly tuned suspension it would still have amazing track handling. curb weight is a fixed number. weight distribution is a static percentage and relies heavily on a properly tuned suspension.

if he won purely on driving skill, then why didnt he win last year with the same car???
he won on driving skill. period. you cant tell me that i or most anyone on this forum could drive that car and win the speedvision challange. its so power-deprived compared to the rest of the cars in the chalange that you can NOT deny him the fact that he has some serious hard driving skills. why didnt he win last year on the same car? maybe his SKILLS got better.

i also doubt he won just because hes asian.....
Its a JOKE. Get it? im not gonna bother explaining it if you didnt get it already

· Registered
386 Posts
skunkworksef said:
it is a b16a dave,omni man,& a couple of other people helped biuld the engine but like another person (madtownhonda) has already stated most of the car is suspension just like project beta aka the skunk2 integra before it was painted blue when it was still silver with the mugen rnr knock-offs on it (z.speed rules) my car was built by the same people at group a auto sports in hayward ca. but they've recently moved down south but that was the best shop and they had an in shop dyno
We dont really build chassis as a business. We have not moved downsouth yet by the way.... we are still located in hayward.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.