Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im at a debate, as some of you may or may not know a few manufacturers just came out with new c-pillar bars fitted to the crx 88-91

megan racing sells a c-pillar bar like this:

but EMRacing also sells not only a C-Pillar but, but they ALSO sell a rear tower bar that mounts to the rear strut mounts on top and they also have a tri-connect bar that goes from one end of the rear lower bar and connects to the upper part of the opposite side of the upper c pillar bar as pictured:

megan racing sells for 50-60$ USD or around there abouts, where the EMRacing bar goes for closer to 130$USD

now going the EMRacing route its a higher quality bar that is made better and tested more for racing, and also you can upgrade to connect to the lower strut tower bar, but in order to do this you should really get the complete set of three bars, and the other two bars are at least 100-120$USD each.

now the REAL debate is released.

if a person wants to go all out and get rigidity from buying the EMRacing bars and spends upwards of 400$USD on rear structural bars, why not just spend the same amount of money and get a FULL 8PT ROLL CAGE?
why the hell not right?

or maybe the best is to get both? in this case my question to you is, which do you buy first.
the roll cage is a bit extreme for me, and i dont really like welding shit all around my car and having big bulky pipes all over the car for a summer daily driver, but i guess in the case of a roll over my poor crx would stand a chance.

WHAT DO I DO, please help, my head is gonna explode, its been a long time since ive had to decide on mods for this car

keep in mind if i did the EMRacing route i can only afford the c pillar right now and i would later add on the other two bars and if i went the roll cage route i would have to wait a couple extra months to find the cash.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
CRX 2 NV said:
if a person wants to go all out and get rigidity from buying the EMRacing bars and spends upwards of 400$USD on rear structural bars, why not just spend the same amount of money and get a FULL 8PT ROLL CAGE?
why the hell not right?

the roll cage is a bit extreme for me, and i dont really like welding shit all around my car and having big bulky pipes all over the car for a summer daily driver, but i guess in the case of a roll over my poor crx would stand a chance.

WHAT DO I DO, please help, my head is gonna explode, its been a long time since ive had to decide on mods for this car
just get the full 8pt weld in roll cage. dont waste your money on those bolt in bars. they'll never be the same like a weld in cage no matter who makes them or how much they'll cost. yes the weld in cage is inconvenient for a daily driver but you'll get used to it plus it will save your ass if something happens.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fastercar said:
Does anyone make a harness bar (w/out cage or roll bar) for our cars. I've exhausted google. I have racing seats and will be using a harnesss.
dont quote me but i think the c pillar bar can be used to strap a harness to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
autopower makes one [4 pt rolll] for around 380, it is bolt in. I've also found one for 179 but it needs to be welded in, I dont know any welders. I just wish I could find a bar like what krauss makes for porsche, instead of having to install a 4 pt. I'm a pretty conservative non-teenage responsible driver, my likely hood of slippin the rex is low.

u can find the weld in one by using the search feature in this forum. I cant remember the companies name.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
seriously are you really gonna feel the difference these bars are going to provide on a daily driver? if it's a track car i can understand going with a cage/bar for the safety factor. i dont want a bunch of bars around my head that could crack my skull in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
if you're really looking for rigidity, performance and safety, get a cage. those bars do nothing more than look cool, i guarantee that. there was a large discussion about those bars on h - t...

·
Registered
82 Posts
padding: because the guy was worried about banging his head against the roll bar. Im not talkin' bout worse case scenario, just ur average crash. On the u weld it kits, I dont see how someone could hit their head on the roll bar because of how its located.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
autopower race roll bar...thats what i had in the rex b4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.