Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is a good place to buy crx roll cages, both weld-in, and bolt in... and preferably just a 4 point?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
eBAY or some piping and weld it yourself or AutoPower has some too other than that I am not sure - good luck

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know a guy that owns a shop, and he said he could fabricate one for me and weld it in.... so how do i give him the measurements, or does someone already have them? i dont know what they would be looking for as in degrees of bends and stuff like that...

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey ya sorry to invade ure thread but ya does any 1 have like a gud to how to build a roll cage for a crx??
I ask because i have fool accses to a welding shop but i have no idea how to go about building a foll cage

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
slocookedrice said:
i know a guy that owns a shop, and he said he could fabricate one for me and weld it in.... so how do i give him the measurements, or does someone already have them? i dont know what they would be looking for as in degrees of bends and stuff like that...
if you have a friend that has a shop and fabricates, he should be the one taking all the measurements.

and i have to ask this, is this going to be a race car, or just a street car?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
street..... well street racing :), but i want something to hook up 4 point harnesses too, and mount a nitrous bottle :), and also im not in the mood to die when i wreck my toy

·
Registered
604 Posts
Snoopy said:
for the street you dont want a full cage. a 4 pt. roll bar should be all you're looking at.
Well, thats purely a matter of opinion really.
It also depends on what you'll be doing on the steet, with the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pushing the car to every last ounce of its balls, especially since its going to get warm outside soon again, and also i love the curves

·
Registered
604 Posts
slocookedrice said:
pushing the car to every last ounce of its balls, especially since its going to get warm outside soon again, and also i love the curves
See, (now, I know this will cause a ruckus with some, I'm sure, but i'm old enough to "know better", so if you have something to say, save it, or PM me, don't clutter the thread) If you are doing like me, and building the ulitmate track car/sort of time attack car, that you are actually going to use on the street, anhiliating the back roads in your local area, and truly pushing to the edge, and past it when need be, there is no point fooling yourself, or anyone else that you aren't, by only having a 4pt bar. If what you are going to do on the street (whether its a good idea/bad idea, legal or illegal), calls for a cage, get yourself a cage. There is no point selling yourself or possible passengers short. Besides, you'll pick up more chassis stiffness with a 6-8-12pt cage, than a 4pt bar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but does anyone have any of the measurments for the roll cage so that i dont have to have the fabricator do it, since hes doin it for very cheap and as a favor

·
Registered
604 Posts
The fabricator should be measuring the car himself. Then he'll make the cage, test fit, pull it out, tweak it, so on and so forth untill all the pieces are good to go, then he'll weld it up, and weld it in.

If thats not what he's doing, go to a better builder. Sure it might cost a lot more, but its your own life, so its worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts