Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jut noticed i slightly bent one of my rims today...is it ok to sill ride on it? wat are the deffects of it being bent and is there any way i can fix it myself? if not, how much do shops usually charge to make the rim circular again? thanx

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Fixing a bent rim is going to require some expertise. How big is the bend? I wouldn't recommend riding on it for too long though, since it can end up warping even more over time.

Shops will vary in how much they charge, but typically you're looking at anywhere from 75 bucks and up, depending on how bad/ what the rim is made of.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
Well, if it's in the front, (like mine), get an alignment
ASAP, because anything strong enough to bend your
rim has whacked your alignment, I guarantee. Or pay
the price and watch your tires go bald prematurely.
On fixing it: how much would a replacement wheel
cost compared to fixing the one you have? Sometimes
it's cheaper to buy a new rim, (in my case, $122.00 +
shipping, compared to $170.00 repair quote).

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
You should get it fixed or get a new wheel as soon as you can. Although on my buddies bagged s10 every wheel he was is bent haha, goes through tires often.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
My front left SSR is bent about three inches in length & 1/4" out at the widest point.

I care not since I live the dangerous life, doncha know... :lol:

The local rim guy wants $75.00 to spin that sucka in his jig and re-straighten it back to true.:cry:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
BTW: Most places that do this kinda work won't guarantee that the wheel can be balanced even after the rim si straightened. Just something to think about before you drop your cash down.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts