Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have these desmond evo (spoon) knock-offs. I've been saving mullah to get the spoons but am tempted to get the SS. 16in SS weigh 12-13 pounds and are identical to sw888. I heard that the sw888 are road wheels and are prone to damage under normal street use. So I don't want to spend 2gs on these spoon wheels to have them be all focked up from drving on the streets. Should I just get the 16in slipstreams for 500.

· Registered
103 Posts
i've got 15' slips on my hatch. they're pretty good. they weighed about 11 lbs. theres some imperfections in the paint when i got mine, but nothing to noticable. the spoons wont be up to daily driving especially if you have bad roads around where you live. i'd just go with the slips and keep the extra $ you save.

· Registered
147 Posts
yea man...it would be nice to have those 388s, but shit like 400 a piece for those 16s, thats just crazy, those ss are descent....and make more sense...i dont think you can repair magnesium wheels...

· Registered
3 Posts
biters

That is one of the stupidest things I have heard on this web page the SS are fake crap. How can you even have the word jdm in you name and be a fake? That is the problem with all the people today they would rather save a few dollars than get the real parts from japan.

p.s
the spoon wheels will be fine on the street if you run a 45 s. or bigger tire

- spoon 15's = 8.5 lbs
- rota SS = 12.8 lbs
One last thing the ss are shiny compared to a spoon

· Registered
1,531 Posts
JDMbukt Not all of us have 2g's or more to throw around for some 16in lightweight rims. You can say the same about alot of things. If someone made "fake" JDM integ headlights for about 300 less wouldnt you think you would get them also if your planning to do that conversion? And besides not all of us can afford any of the real parts for japan IE: JDM CTR SRS steering wheel. The price on that thing is so high its not even worth looking for.

· Registered
4,607 Posts
jdmbukt is right, even thoiugh there is nothing wrong with buying the cheaper wheels, go 4 it it makes sense. but once u do that u lose the purpose of JDM.

· Registered
4,607 Posts
just question how perfect, and what cost of that JDM is going to be. unless u want youre car in a mag or winning shows, who cares about the small details like that. the guy sitting next to u at the stoiplight with his spoons will lose to u in the race cuz he never had the money for engine mods. ;)

· Registered
56 Posts
Re: biters

jdmbukt said:
That is one of the stupidest things I have heard on this web page the SS are fake crap. How can you even have the word jdm in you name and be a fake? That is the problem with all the people today they would rather save a few dollars than get the real parts from japan.
i kind of agree. i mean i went out and bought the Rota Circuit 8
which kind of look like the Mugen wheels. i bought them cause they where cheap. but they are not the real thing.

i mean i'm contimplating about getting rid of them and going w/ some Volk shit when i get my JDM front end because of the fact
that they are not real.

but i do realize that they are good rims so while i'm on the street you bet your ass i'll be wearing the fake shit. shit i'm gonna go out and by the SS because they are tight as hell.

just thing of it this way. when your doing 120 on the highway all rims look the same.

· Registered
185 Posts
Rota wheels are good rims. A friend of mine has the Circut 8 (mf-8) on his 99 integra. He got the gunmetal ones and gets nothing but compliments about em. Secondly they're lightweight and hold up great in races. I mean it's not like they fall apart or break up. :rolleyes: Like others have said, why piss away all that money just for a brand name.

· Registered
114 Posts
yes they are a GREAT knockoff. they are a convincing knockoff to the untrained eye. most people who know anything about honda performance KNOW spoon. they know the how the spoon wheel looks in a magazine or on the internet. they see the slipstreams up close and think theyre spoon wheels too. some of these people may be CAR THEIVES TOO. they asume they are spoon wheels. they steal that car. your car. and sell it all for parts. now your cheap ass "rims" just cost you your ride. all for vanity. because you made your car look like something everyone wants. it sucks but its a fact of life. just go get factory alloys off a wreck. its hella cheaper and they are gonna last longer than some 11lb rota`s. the 97 15" teg supermesh wheels only weigh 15lbs each. granted theyre $370 a piece brand new from the dealer, but you can find wrecks with them on em too. dont make your car look like something everyone wants. if you TRULY like the look of the wheel buy them in gunmetal or silver or white. or get them powder coated in your favorite color. but dont say i didnt warn you about the theives.

· Registered
140 Posts
but what if u get the REAL 388's and get them jacked? wont u be hitting your di*k on the wall cuz u spent some good $ u've been saving and gettin it ripped off u? unless u were rich and money aint no thang to u... the thing is, GET WHAT YOU WANT.. if people wannt talk shit about the slipstreams then let them talk shit.. IF YOU like it then it dont matter what they say.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.