Rotor over hub conversion done!!!

I hope it's useful for someone! ;)

Finely I have some normal brake disks! :D

Here it is how it was in origin.

Here is what you need for the conversion:
2 Acura CL hubs
2 Accord bearings.
2 282mm rotors

First thing to do is to take out your old hub over rotor asembly.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
gideonkho said:
his accord different tho from usdm 94-97
94-97 front brake rotor is just a headache. unless you willing to pay $100 labor :)
yeah I clicked on his website and it shows he is based in Italy.
anyways, anybody knows if acura cls have the rotor the right way, not behind the hub?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi!

So, My Accord has a differend body shape than the US Accord, but under the body it is the same, as you can see from my hub over rotor I had before. ;)

I orderd the Acura CL hubs from the US, since Acura is non sold in Italy.
You can see the hubs part n° in the pics I posted.

I payed quite a lot because in Italy honda parts are expencive and I had to buy the Acura Hubs from the US.
My conversion costed about 400$. I loked at the Us prices andi the would of costed less than 200$. :(

·
Registered
230 Posts
COOL!!!!!!!! so the CL and accord have the same bolt pattern? I wanna do this but not if i have to change wheels.... this will definitely cut down on costs of resurfacing rotors or replacing them...... this may be a "must do" thing for all 5th gen accord owners...

·
Registered
230 Posts
aren't those rotors larger than the stock ones? any problems with the axle nut since there is a different layout now? Does anyone see any problems this may cause? if not I wanna do this conversion too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JOEL2112 said:
COOL!!!!!!!! so the CL and accord have the same bolt pattern?
Yes
I has the same bolt pattern, 4x114,3 ;)

aren't those rotors larger than the stock ones?
I depends on what setup you had before.
I used to have 260mm diameter rotors before and I upgraded them using the 282mm rotors ad calipers from a Accord wagon.
Also Accord coupè and V6 have the same setup.
If you are going to do the hub conversion and you have the 260mm rotors, you can use also Prelude H22, ITR, Nsx, etc... from any Honda/Acura that comes with 282mm rotors.
I don't think it's hard to find them in a junk yard. ;)

any problems with the axle nut since there is a different layout now?
No, I used a Accord nut.

Does anyone see any problems this may cause? if not I wanna do this conversion too!
I don't see problems, as you can see from the pics I did, it's fairly simple, and if you have 260mm rotors, you also upgrade your braking sistem! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.