Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes this is long, no cliffs don't read if you don't want. This is mostly for me to just write out what's happenin.

Went through a rough expeierence recently... some of yall are most likely gonna hate on me... but whatevs, i'll tell the story.

First some backgorund: I'm a second year college student. In H.S. I was the type of guy that could pull down ladies... but I never found the type of ladies that I really wanted so I ran through a few (k more than a few). Anyway, go to college, the atmosphere changed... and I've had problems adjusting mostly becuase i've tried to change my attitude and be more of a 'one-girl' guy. That hasn't worked out so well. So on to the story.

I met this chick a while back ago, she had a bf, but we still talked. Got to be good friends. A couple weeks ago we were at a party and started makin out... she was still with her bf. We ended up hookin up mroe after that party, sort of off and on thing. She ends up breaking up with her bf cuz she found out he cheated on her. Her and I start hookin up again (We had stopped for a few days). She tells me she doesn't want to hook up anymore after a few more days... and gets back with her bf later that night. She said there was no future for us cuz i'm not her type. I was like, whateva.

Talked to an old friend of mine cuz I was really frustrated about my whole dating situation since I got here. And she was like "you're just frustrated cuz u're not used to gettin what you want. In H.S. you never really had to deal with rejection." That's true to a certain extent. I did deal with it a bit... but with the mentality I was in it didn't affect me much if at all. So she suggests I get away for awhile. So I did (only a few hours, but it helped). I grabbed my MP3 player and tool a walk down on campus (I got spots I like to hit). Started listinin to my R&B collection... and came to a decision.

I'm gonna get my old attitude back (with a few modifications of course). It's all about the hook up now... if I come upon a girl that digs me then we'll see what happens. Wish me luck.

PIMPS UP, DRAWLS DOWN!!!! :clap

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
whatever makes you happy, dont change to try to please other people, you have to make yourself happy before you can try to please other people.
good luck with your old modified ways

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prlude4Life said:
whatever makes you happy, dont change to try to please other people, you have to make yourself happy before you can try to please other people.
good luck with your old modified ways
Ya fo sho... I didn't change to make someone else happy in the first place... I changed cuz I thought it would make me happier. Didn't work out like I planned.

And Jover, sho u're right. Goin to a party tonight, gonna hit up the mall before and pick up a pimpin shirt.

Damn, LL Cool J needs to come out with his clothing line already... that playa knows how to dress :cool

·
Registered
478 Posts
havok021 said:
Yes this is long, no cliffs don't read if you don't want. This is mostly for me to just write out what's happenin.

Went through a rough expeierence recently... some of yall are most likely gonna hate on me... but whatevs, i'll tell the story.

First some backgorund: I'm a second year college student. In H.S. I was the type of guy that could pull down ladies... but I never found the type of ladies that I really wanted so I ran through a few (k more than a few). Anyway, go to college, the atmosphere changed... and I've had problems adjusting mostly becuase i've tried to change my attitude and be more of a 'one-girl' guy. That hasn't worked out so well. So on to the story.

I met this chick a while back ago, she had a bf, but we still talked. Got to be good friends. A couple weeks ago we were at a party and started makin out... she was still with her bf. We ended up hookin up mroe after that party, sort of off and on thing. She ends up breaking up with her bf cuz she found out he cheated on her. Her and I start hookin up again (We had stopped for a few days). She tells me she doesn't want to hook up anymore after a few more days... and gets back with her bf later that night. She said there was no future for us cuz i'm not her type. I was like, whateva.

Talked to an old friend of mine cuz I was really frustrated about my whole dating situation since I got here. And she was like "you're just frustrated cuz u're not used to gettin what you want. In H.S. you never really had to deal with rejection." That's true to a certain extent. I did deal with it a bit... but with the mentality I was in it didn't affect me much if at all. So she suggests I get away for awhile. So I did (only a few hours, but it helped). I grabbed my MP3 player and tool a walk down on campus (I got spots I like to hit). Started listinin to my R&B collection... and came to a decision.

I'm gonna get my old attitude back (with a few modifications of course). It's all about the hook up now... if I come upon a girl that digs me then we'll see what happens. Wish me luck.

PIMPS UP, DRAWLS DOWN!!!! :clap

Dude, sounds like she just wanted some strange, roll with it!

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
havok021 said:
she was still with her bf. We ended up hookin up mroe after that party, sort of off and on thing. She ends up breaking up with her bf cuz she found out he cheated on her.
she cheated on her bf too. everyone is cheating on eachother these days. i hate putting up with people like that. why would you even want to be with a girl like that. she'll just cheat on you if you get with her. good luck though on everything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
well, i don't hate ya, but that might be a rather brash decision.

i don't really know your COLLEGE history, but this was only ONE girl, i think you should REALLY stay focused on being a "one woman" kinda guy. don't let one bad apple or one "i don't know what i want" girl ruin your new attitude on your approach to women. who the hell is this girl anyway?? so you got rejected a bit, big deal! at least you got to "taste some of the fruit"...this is a learning experience. by her going back the her BF, that just tells you that she isn't the right one. hell, you should look at it like this is GOD's way of making sure you are FREE and SINGLE for the right girl WHEN she comes along. you have to admit, it would SUCK if you were stuck with Miss Hippity Hoppity and then your dream girl strolls right past ya.

let say everything did work out with your good friend. you keep up your usual romantic schedule and then WAMMM!!! in comes Dream Girl. you guys talk briefly and she finds out that you've been fooling around/dating some other girl/girls...she looks at you in a different light and its NOT in a good way...you lost out because you were thinking ONLY OF YOURSELF!!!

don't mean to preach, but obviously SOMETHING made you change from being Mr. Popular to Mr. Sincerity...don't think short term. think LONG TERM. don't go against your inner voice...that inner voice is what made you become a more sincere person...maybe things aren't happening the way you want, but THAT HAPPENS AT TIMES!!

-M-

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99BlueTEG said:
well, i don't hate ya, but that might be a rather brash decision.
i don't really know your COLLEGE history, but this was only ONE girl, i think you should REALLY stay focused on being a "one woman" kinda guy. don't let one bad apple or one "i don't know what i want" girl ruin your new attitude on your approach to women. who the hell is this girl anyway?? so you got rejected a bit, big deal! at least you got to "taste some of the fruit"...this is a learning experience. by her going back the her BF, that just tells you that she isn't the right one. hell, you should look at it like this is GOD's way of making sure you are FREE and SINGLE for the right girl WHEN she comes along. you have to admit, it would SUCK if you were stuck with Miss Hippity Hoppity and then your dream girl strolls right past ya.
let say everything did work out with your good friend. you keep up your usual romantic schedule and then WAMMM!!! in comes Dream Girl. you guys talk briefly and she finds out that you've been fooling around/dating some other girl/girls...she looks at you in a different light and its NOT in a good way...you lost out because you were thinking ONLY OF YOURSELF!!!
don't mean to preach, but obviously SOMETHING made you change from being Mr. Popular to Mr. Sincerity...don't think short term. think LONG TERM. don't go against your inner voice...that inner voice is what made you become a more sincere person...maybe things aren't happening the way you want, but THAT HAPPENS AT TIMES!!
-M-
Well, my college history is not good... not good at all. I guess when I chose to be a "one woman" guy I lost a lot of my game, or pushed it to the side is more like it cuz i know i still got game :D So i'm definetely not basing this on just one girl... it's a series of rejections. And I guess my friend (that i've known since high school) put it best... I'm not used to not getting what I want. Rejection was extremely rare up until now. I think all 4 years of high school I had only been rejected twice. Now in the past year and half I don't even wanna think about how many times i've been rejected. I guess i'm just in a rut, and I think a change will get me out.

I dunno... I'm sort of taking what i've learned in the past year and a half and applying it to how I used to be and sort of creating this new attitude that i hope will change the direction my dating life has been goin. I'm definetely not the cheating type, and i don't plan to do that. But I do plan on havin my fun.

Thanks to everyone that's replied... keep 'em comin. I like to see what other people have to say.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
dude college is a totally different playing field.

in HS you were a big fish in a small pond. now your a medium fish in an ocean.

things change, especially girls attitude. you gotta remember that in HS most girls dont get much freedom from their parents. so this is like their first taste of freedom for most everyone. thats why everyone likes to meet new people, reject alot of people, and move on until they find someone they like.

from my experiences in college i can tell you girls will hang out with you even if they have a bf. i ran into a few myself. have your fun and move on. she cheated her bf, her bf cheated on her. so they are even. everyone wants to try something new right?

my advice is just to go out and meet as many girls as you can. youll find the one that will really work for you though. trust me, sooner or later your going to run into one that will get inside your head like theirs no tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
divinewisdom said:
my advice is just to go out and meet as many girls as you can. youll find the one that will really work for you though. trust me, sooner or later your going to run into one that will get inside your head like theirs no tomorrow.
That's the plan... and I already started ;)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
So true!!

Im at UC Riverside, and the dating scene is really different from HS

Many of these bitchez out here think they can do whatever they like with a guyz feelings. They like to tease all the time. Fuck them.
Money Ova Bitchez -- MOB

Don't worry bro, they'rez plenty more fish in the sea. Especially in SOCAL, shit they'rez plenty of babes out in Cali: u got all kinds of babes white, black, brown, asian....., aint that right MrJover??
I love the variety, thats why I love LA.

Mr Jover'z keepin it real in Panaroma, Havok'z tearin up shit in LA, and Im doin my thing the Inland Empire--Shit, I love SoCaL!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Women and men have cheated since the dawn of time, its in our nature. So just go with the flow and read the sig, cuz its so true.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are looking to be a one-girl kinda guy your more likely to find a one-guy type of girl....but if you deside to switch back to not caring then youre gonna be looking at girls who arent always looking for a one-girl type guy. Your chances of finding a girl that will stick around for more then just a couple nights and a couple hookups drops drastically. Not everyone is going to like every other person, it takes time to find someone that works for you, but if changing back makes you happy go for it, just know you might not find the "one girl."

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
you are still young.

go hook up now, you have the rest of your life to be the one women kind of guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts