Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i start my car after leaving it for more than a few hours. It will initially sputter and very nearly stall for the first 2-5 seconds until or as I hit the gas pedal. I have an automatic, and the problem seems to be getting progressively worse. I have checked spark plugs, and installed new spark plug wires. My only leads now are to change the fuel filter. I am going to do that, hopefully soon, but that's another 20-25 bucks, and wanted to know if any of you found a solution. I'm afraid that one of these days my car will finally not start and i'll be stranded. other websites for other cars have suggested a cold start valve, but i don't think integra's have one, is there some similar mechanism i should be looking for?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aight... so today i took out the IACV and cleaned it with carb cleaner according to an article someone posted on this website. Now i just have to wait until the morning to see if it has the same problem. I also had the auto parts store test my alternator and battery, both i'm told are in good condition and working properly. If this IACV fix doesn't work, i don't know what to do next. Maybe fuel filter, and then go back to the electrical system after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.