Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother painted his bodykit in the garage and my car was parked outside and my whole car is feeling rough now even the windows.....wut can i do to make the body feel smooth again...im gonna use a rubbing compound for the whole car or maybe buff it

What should I use for the windows??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Start by using a claybar. Use it on the paint and the windows. It's the least aggressive method. Don't use rubbing compound, you only have so much clearcoat.

If there's a body shop supply store near you. look for a claybar specifically to remove overspray. It's a little different texture than the consumer-grade bars. But if not, try the Mothers or Meguiar's kit. I'll bet claying will work. If not hit me back and we'll get into light and medium-cut paint cleaners...but only after U try clay.

·
Registered
601 Posts
silverBullet said:
My brother painted his bodykit in the garage and my car was parked outside and my whole car is feeling rough now even the windows.....wut can i do to make the body feel smooth again...im gonna use a rubbing compound for the whole car or maybe buff it

What should I use for the windows??
Hey

What did you use to paint your body kit? I know this is off topic, but Im going to be painting my Black Widow Body kit for my 95 Accord Ex soon and I would just like to know the steps you took to paint your body kit. Thanks!

Todd W

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why cant I use rubbing compound?....is it gonna mess up the clear coat?...can i get the claybar anywhere like discount auto parts or pepboys?...u also said i could use the meguiars or mothers kit but which one??

·
Registered
908 Posts
silverBullet said:
why cant I use rubbing compound?....is it gonna mess up the clear coat?...can i get the claybar anywhere like discount auto parts or pepboys?...u also said i could use the meguiars or mothers kit but which one??
I think rubbing compound takes layers off of the coat...kind of like microsanding.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jumpan23 said:
I think rubbing compound takes layers off of the coat...kind of like microsanding.
YYYES! YOU ARE CORRECT! :)

If you can't find a body shop supply house with a claybar specifically for overspray, go for the Mother's at your autoparts store.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
if u use rubbing compound also it will scratch ur car like hecka...dont use it...clay bar works trust me

·
Registered
461 Posts
clay bar does wonders for your paint..after claybaring a section of your car you will be able to feel the difference, but make sure you take a day where you will be able to work on you cars exterior all day

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
C L A Y ... B A R !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts