Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey wasup everyone....glad to see the site is finally up and runnin again after so long....Anyway....this my prob, every now and then (by this i mean it'll happen a few times in a day and then not happen for like a month) is that no matter what gear i'm in or at what rpm, sometimes the rpm's will just drop suddenly a few thousand or so rpm and then just kick back up. Not drop the way it does when you put the car into neutral, but drop drastically as if you killed all the juice. A few times its even dropped to the point where the car has stalled out on me on the highway. And if i'm at a light and it just stalls, I can't seem to get the car started right away...It'll start up but then immediately shut right off. I've taken the car to my mech and he's tried hookin it up to da computer but it never happend and since i don't get any codes....everything checks out "normal". We're both guessing its somethin in the distributor..maybe the coil but we don't want to change a distributor and that not be it. Does anyone have any clue what this could be.....my distibutor was changed about 2 years ago and was runnin perfect until this all started about a few months ago...There doesn't seem to be any pattern where it happens...its happened after a few minutes into my drive, after i've been drivin awhile, Highway, city, etc...Please help!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
What mods do you have on your car?

Does it happen on hot or cold days...

More info if you can

1fast2dr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car is completely stock...doens't matter on weather or time of day. Seems to jsut happen whenever it pleases

1 - 3 of 3 Posts