Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mattliston, i know youre good for it. how the fuck do i fix it? i just rented UFC and i put it in and i ringed out. i been playing Left 4 Dead no problems for months now.

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
im getting this code when i looke it up

0102 unknown error - literally means the console does not know what is wrong. Possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere (2 reports of people repairing this, one was removing moisture build up inside the console, the other used a hot-air rework to reflow the BGA Ram chips)

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
this thread blows..

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn you bruce, and fuck you jesus.

if you didnt know, jesus red ringed 2 days after me. the towel trick worked for him though.

me. 2 times at 20 minutes, and 1 time at 1 hour have yet to solve my problems.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts

if you didnt know, jesus red ringed 2 days after me. the towel trick worked for him though.

should have spent the extra money to get a new one with a warranty

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
wrap a towel around it, turn it on, let it run for 20 mins, turn it back off

let it cool down then turn it back on
towel trick is a no no. dpoes more damage then good. sure it might work for the time being, but you now put the other components on the b oard at a very high risk.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts

do the towel trick and consider your XBOX even more of a paper weight

Only way to fix this if its the typical RROD is to tear it apart, remove the gay microsoft X-clamps, and replace with rubber washers, new bolts, and nuts. I spent 8 bucks on 8 bolts, 8 nuts, 8 rubber washers, and a tube of thermal grease

·
Registered
37,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i really could care less about it ringing on me, i was just uber pissed i spent $9 to a rent a game i have been looking foreward to for months. then it ringed

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
bwahaha you fail.

you = fml

1 - 18 of 18 Posts