Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a lil update on this POS after a litttle over a year.

Here we go if you ex-mag lovers (as i was) cant handle this then i suggest not opening this thread. I've always suggested the RS*R ex-mag to everyone online because i loved the look and the tone and fitment of it.... then it got cancer.(and quickly)

I am extremely pist off because i bought this ex-mag on 9/5/2003. I live in ohio and we have mild winters, the salt usually eats car parts and exhausts but nothing like this. I put it on at the end of november during that year, so therefore the exhaust has been on for just a couple months over a year. Now i fucking loved this exhaust until after a couple months i noticed it was rusting allready and i was like WTF. Here are some current pictures of the exhaust and it's only been on for a lil over a [email protected]!!!!!!!!

Check this out from their website "Sleek in design, this exhaust systems jet-black coating hides the SUS409 stainless steel muffler and piping behind the well known. "

Well let me start out by saying look how these fucks play with words. The tip is the only thing stainless steel on this exhaust. Everything else is fucking aluminum(maybe alumunized SS, dont know very much about the different metals), SS would not rust out this fast. I've also heard that you cant paint SS and the exhaust is painted in black. What a crock of shit.
Sorry these pictures suck but i took them away at college with a digi cam in my dorms parking lot in the rain. =(

Heres 2 pictures of the hole in the muffler

Well thats it for the pictures. I have contacted RS*R and they seem to be kind of understanding however their making me do alot of shit before i can get any "warranty work" done. If i send them the pictures and send them the receipt and they dont send me a new fucking exhaust i'll snap. I totally understand them wanting proof and an receipt but they also said this which i think is BS, "it must be an authorized dealer and if it's not then you must go to them with t he problem." Ok why the fuck does it matter who i bought it from if it's an RS*R product then it's RS*R's fault it's a pos. All i know is if i dont get a new exhaust then i'm taking them to the BBB. I cant afford to buy a new exhaust every year!
RS*R = :thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kommon_sense said:
Mine has some not so pretty spots on it but nothing to the extent that you have shown. Mine was bought in 10/2003. However the ex-mag is ceramic coated mild steel. Only exhausts that won't have rust issues are stainless steel ones.
I know kommon but check out their website, i bolded it in black, WTF did they say SUS409 stainless steel then?

Thats what i'm really confused on, it doesnt make sense to me man. But on other other sites it says it's only mild steel except for the tip. whats up with that?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna have to wait until monday and then the company that i bought my exhaust from racingworks.com is callin RS*R and seeing whats up. They have been extremly understanding through all of this and very nice to me. They've taken it into their hands so idont have to deal with it. Depending on what happens on monday maybe i will get someone like the BBB involved if they do not resolve this in orderly fashion. I told them i would love to just send the thing back and have them give me a refund but knowing that wont happen i wouuld be happy with a replacement, even though it's going to rust out. Next time i think i'm goin with a greddy sp2 or just having an exhaust shop make me one.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kommon_sense said:
pm me with racingworks contact info. Thats the same place that I bought mine from. I've got my receipt around here somewhere, but I recently moved, so don't know where anything is...
Haha i dont have it, we did everything over email. They have a bug up their butt about giving out their phone #. Just go to their website and go to contact us thats really the only way, it's pretty weird.

I found out about what the steel really is. It really is 'stainless steel" except most companies use SUS304 for exhausts now because it lasts longer and is better. But it really is a form of stainless steel.
I'll let ya know what happens.

What the hell! When did you move to NC you lucky bastard. I wanna go from ohio to NC once i get older. I'm envious.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated: I ended up sending RS*R these photos as well as a copy of the receipt. Racingworks.com gets a big :thumbup: because he dealt with this and ended up finding me an old copy of the receipt because i didnt have one. They have excellent customer service so i suggest buying from them. RS*R also in the end gets a big :thumbup: becuase they took care of it for me. I ended up calling them and they said if i paid the 38bucks for shipping then they'd send me a new exhaust. I think i may actually just put this new one up for sale, if anyone wants it i'll let it for for like 500 $ shipped. Even though it was a couple of months past the warranty of one year RS*R still took care of it because they understood where i was coming from. He ended up sending me some additional goodies(not sure whats in the box yet i havent received it)... So it's a big thumb up for RS*R. So all in all it worked out good. IMO you should make your own call about ordering an RS*R, they said they've only had like 2 returned exhauts within the last like 10 years or somthing.(not sure about the truth of this statement) I know almost all exhaust companies have horror stories once in awhile, they dealt with it in good manner though so i am very happy. ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
VtecAddict said:

Heres 2 pictures of the hole in the muffler

holy shit :eek i better go check mine! i saw few little rust spots on the cat a couple of days ago but i didnt wanna believe! :fear i said to myself.. maybe its just some dust! i had it for 7-8 months and i love it!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well you were driving your car in the winter... correct? Obviously that would have effect the condition of the exhaust.. glad to hear it all worked out.. but you want $500 for a rusted out exhaust after you just got another one for free.. that's pretty lame.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JDMugen1 said:
Well you were driving your car in the winter... correct? Obviously that would have effect the condition of the exhaust.. glad to hear it all worked out.. but you want $500 for a rusted out exhaust after you just got another one for free.. that's pretty lame.
1. Yes i drive it in the winter, which isnt an excuse for ohio winters which are only slightly bad to rust out an exhaust this fast.
2. Learn to read, I wanted 500bucks for the new one. I actually sold the new one before i even got it in. I'm using the rusted one til it falls off.

·
Registered
238 Posts
rs*r is really really good for me anyways, i live in cali, so i need something that is pretty quiet, so i chose rs*r :btu

·
Registered
143 Posts
i like the sound of this exhaust. being in san antonio i don't think rust will be a problem for me.

too bad they don't make this exhaust for the civic sedan. can i buy the coupe version and stick it on the sedan? (-92-95 model years)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.