Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ABTsportsline said:
i like the sound of this exhaust. being in san antonio i don't think rust will be a problem for me.

too bad they don't make this exhaust for the civic sedan. can i buy the coupe version and stick it on the sedan? (-92-95 model years)
Yeah it might stick out a lil bit too far but it will be allright. I believe you might have to get a custom cat but i dont think so. Thats what my buddy did with his greddy evo.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
1trackmind said:
It's good to hear that everything worked out for you.

-Dorian
www.racingworks.com
Yup thanks alot man. :number1

It's not like it was really RS*R's fault they used SUS409 which is actually one of the best metals you can use for an exhaust. SUS304 would be the only thing that is better which is what i'm going with next time.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
aw damnit was on my to ordering one but its a good thing i read this, if it rusts out after one winter i'd be shit out of luck living in kansas

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just thought I would like to share this.

Thank you for your inquiry about RS-R. At this time we have discontinued the “black” Exmag series due to a new stainless Exmag. The new and improved Exmag will be unpolished-full stainless muffler type. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks,
Derek Wong
RS*R
Account Executive
tel: (310) 518-5450
fax: (310) 518-5491
e-mail: [email protected]
www.rs-r.com

He said the new series would be release in two month or so for the 92-95 civic hatch.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I guess I never posted this... thought I did. This should clear up any Stainless Steel debate. I'll have to repost the videos of that exhaust because the links are now broken in the other thread... I'll try to do that in a few weeks.

The ex-mag uses SUS409.

Depending on where you live (do you have salt on your roads) you may want to choose a different exhaust. While the ex-mag is full SS it's made out of a cheaper SS (SS409) than other exhausts.

There are basically two widely-used materials out there for stainless steel: SUS304 and SUS409. SUS304 is the stronger of the two and is used by all companies, ranging from Borla to A'PEXi to Spoon Sports to Edelbrock. 409, though, is considered a stainless steel. http://www.suppliersonline.com...9.asp

So in conclusion if you don't have a 'real' winter then get the ex-mag... otherwise get something that is full SUS304.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.