Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

My name is Mike and I'm new on this forum, so please don't club me if I would ask something everybody knows here already :)

Now let's go to topic:

1. I have RSX-S 2005 - as you know it comes with Bose system in it and 6CD changer.
2. I own Alpine CDA-9807 - had it in my old Prelude and actualy love this unit for quality and reliability

So, I decided to pull out Bose head unit and connect Alpine on it's place. And I don't want to change amp/sub - I know it will improve sound but don't go to discuss it, please.
I've already done with physical installation - no problem with it.
The problem is with wiring. According to many guides, the harness from Prelude should work, and I actually get Alpine unit powered up but no sound comming from speakers. Then I did some research and found that I need to use preamps from Alpine to be connected to speaker wires on harness, b/c signal goes not to speakers as it was in Prelude, but to Bose amp. Am I right on this? Another question that wondering me: since Alpine has separate preamps for subwoofer - does RSX-S head unit wiring has separate pair of wires for sub? and what wires they are? or I shouldn't bother about sub preams?

·
Registered
136 Posts
uhhh i have no clue man sorry....check c lu b r s x they have a huge audio section....but uhh, stick around here...i liek the crowd better lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hey K168 this is off-topic, but how does the RSX compare to your old Prelude in ride-handling and overall performance? What year was your Prelude? I am thinking of buyin a new Type S.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have an alpine head unit in my Ac and I had the same problems power but no sound. I ran speaker wire from the head unit to the wires to the bose amp and it worked.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, my first clue about preams was correct - but i fogot to connect remote power wire. After I did it - it start playng. And men, it was day and night comparing to stock HU - the bass finaly show up and other ranges are full too. So my conclusion: as usual, the stock unit is garbage comparing to well known companies. Replace it first and then you may decide on amp/speakers.

PS: I was exposed only to Alpine units, not sure how good/helpfull are other brands.

ck98vteC - it is hard to compare b/c Prelude was auto and RSX is manual, but imho Prelude design was a lot nicer and more unique

1 - 5 of 5 Posts