Votes: 24 39.3%
  • integra type r

Votes: 37 60.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. My friend is probably gonna sell his 96 ls and get a newer nicer daily driver. Would you pick a 02 rsx-s or a 97-01 itr? I mean can't go wrong with k series power and the rsx is just great looking, but in my opinion you'd be a true honda enthusiast owning a type r. Like i said this will be his daily driver (408hp turbo crx relief car) lol. Just let me know your opinions.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i dont think i could ever own an ITR. not in seattle. i would be too paranoid and would worry all the time about it gettin stolen. just my opinion but when you get an integra youre asking to get it broken into or stolen, even with an LS. i would say get an RSX-S i likes them cars.

·
Registered
205 Posts
hands down type-S, not only it cna keep up and sometimes beat ITR (yes, car adn driver prove this already) without loosing the "luxury" of an acura, it also have a lower theft rate than the ITR, or the Si for the matter. And the RSX-S stands out, where ITR look like any integra with a sticker.

·
Registered
205 Posts
don't want to be biased, but ITR people gota have some decency to accept that the ITR is not the king of street performance.

"Turns out that was a bit conservative, because this new 200-hp replacement for the Integra got the job done in just 6.1 seconds. Furthermore, it bested the GS-R's quarter-mile time by 0.8 second and 5 mph (at 14.8 seconds at 95 mph) and even eclipsed the Type R's time of 15.2 seconds at 93 mph."

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=39&article_id=3184&page_number=1

it jsut pissed me off to see people saying nothing can take out the type-R

·
Registered
49 Posts
eh it depends on the buyer. but if its for performance, i say go with the itr. i mean its a race bred car. on the circuit it will eat the rsx alive. thats my personal preference. itr and its air box big as a tv. love its sound.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I ran an ITR today, and my RSX-S is bone stock and running on the 87 octane, and I actually neck to neck with him.... believe it or not. It was a good run, and of course a driver's race.Kinda ironic how a GSR replacement can easily keep up with a type-R

·
Registered
136 Posts
well my buddy has an itr with saome work, and i have a type s, i gotta say i love the fit and finsh of teh rsx, but the type r is just so bad ass to drive...its just the way it makes u feel when ur driving,,,i dont know, its a tough decision

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, the most important thing is that you said you needed it to be your "daily driver". If that's true, then definitely the RSX-S. It is much easier to drive in daily situations than the IT-R. I'd say the IT-R is more of a weekend warrior like the S2000.

·
Registered
35 Posts
By bro had an Integra (had all the ITR stickers, but it was the previous lease-owners attempt to be cool) for a little while. it, like any other car, has a following. I almost think it is a cult-following in a way for ITR owners, but who is to say I wouldn't be the same way?

IMO, i'd take a ITR simply because I like how they look, reguardless of performance. However, that isn't an option for a lot of people, and if you live in a densely populated area, theft rate skyrockets apparently (saw that integras were 1-3 on most stolen cars in 2k4)

Shit, at the end of the day, its personal preference. I'd take that 12k you might drop on the ITR and put it into a NEW RSX-S. That outta drop your payments a assload over a 5-yr loan (assuming you're sitting on the cash)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
why was this brought back up. rsx-s any day. love the hell outta them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.