Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which of these would win. Looking at the stats the RSX-S has about 30lbs less torque then the GTI does, but the RSX-S is also like 300lbs lighter. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
which do u prefer...luxury coupe or hatchback thingy..?
japanese or german?
6 speed or 5 speed?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't ridden in an RSX Type-S, but I have been in the base RSX. If it's anything like the base...the VR6 will feel like a stump-pulling muscle car that turns rubber into dust coating on your fender well. So, if you can, drive both! The Golf has a really solid German feel to it, too.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
the RSX-S will stomp on a VR6, given that the rsx-s driver can drive well...the GTi VR6 being a 6 cylinder obviously has more torque which makes "everyday stoplight to stoplight" driving more appealing but it uses more gas. If i were to pick a GTi, I'd chose the 1.8t due the amount of performance you can get out of it for so little money, w/ a 450$ APR or Garret chip upgrade they can run mid to high 14's giving a RSX-S a run for their money....the regular GTI is a 5 speed unless you get the 337(droooollll) which is a 6 speed

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
so why are we still posting this vs. that? i mean its a really dumb question. look at testing 1/4's and you'll find the faster car (rsx is fastest in its class anyway, so the question is even more moot)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
ChaserCivic said:
i'm thinking the GT1 VR6 would roast the RSX-s....the old VR6 GTI with only 174 hp could beat an ITR badly with only 1 or 2 bolt ons, the 201hp VR6 would definitely kill the RSX.

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
ehh....i dont think so....a modded GTI 1.8t run mid 14s? definetely, a bone stock? i dont think a bone stock 1.8t GTI can touch mid 15's considering only VR6's can reach low 15's stock

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.