Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, besides hp and speed what else is the difference between the rsx type s and the regular rsx. is it possible to fix up my regular rsx to the standards of a type s? thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AlTrOnX said:
hey guys, besides hp and speed what else is the difference between the rsx type s and the regular rsx. is it possible to fix up my regular rsx to the standards of a type s? thanks.
Not unless you do a motor swap. Im sure you can find 40hp from your k20a3 (with a lot of work), but you can not make it equal a type s motor.

Other then that, the suspension is pretty much the same. The type s has sway bars from factory.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Not for the difference in price. When you are getting into 40 HP gains you are getting into the cost of around $100-$125 per hp. And that just gets you to the TypeS starting point.

·
Registered
933 Posts
S has body matched side skirts/front lip, standard leather, 6 disc in dash, slightly larger front rotors, amongst other things.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I don't think that would make as much of a difference on a base motor. The K20A3 doesn't breath too well about 6000rpm, but makes damn good tq with the hondata flash. So, the longer gears might actually be better.

Now, if you did a motor swap you would need the tranny, but most motors come with a tranny and ecu anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i swear in one of the new mags they put a rsx type s head on a 03 si motor and it made like over 30 whp but yah not going have the 6 speed it was either super street or sumthing else had a short write up

·
Registered
31 Posts
slapping the type-s head on the a3 isnt impossible since its the same family, and it actually might be a good setup, but why not just swap in a K24 and the type-s head?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts