Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
That Ruf costs about $200,000 and the cl 65 AMG costs about $180,000. The AMG has a bi-turbo monster V8 and the Ruf is a bi-turbo flat 6. That Benz has an awful power to weight ratio and lost off the line but it massively outpowered the Ruf. Although I did expect more from the Ruf. The Benz started to catch him at the end but the Ruf beat him back down the runway.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it was a runway. But there's about 640 lbs difference in weight and it definately shows. I don't mean to burst your bubble but the cl65 amg has a twin turbo v12. Some crazy torque in that engine though. 604 hp but with 738 torque :wow at 2000 rpm. Oh and I just remembered, he must have worked around the governer because they are limited to 156 mph.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
FN_M3 said:
That Ruf costs about $200,000 and the cl 65 AMG costs about $180,000. The AMG has a bi-turbo monster V8 and the Ruf is a bi-turbo flat 6. That Benz has an awful power to weight ratio and lost off the line but it massively outpowered the Ruf. Although I did expect more from the Ruf. The Benz started to catch him at the end but the Ruf beat him back down the runway.
FN_M3, i'm selling a bunch of parts for all s50 e36 m3 motors if you're interested....pretty much all brand new stuff...I also have HFM, cosmos, cai, supersprint exhaust, and bunch of other stuff for sale & will sell fast...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
FN_M3 said:
are you sure the benz caught up? looked like both cars were slowing down because the Ruf smoked the benz fron dig and roll after the turn. looks like both of them slowed down for the turn coming up.

sure the benz is more powerful, but like some1 said, weight completely played in the favor of one, and not the other

·
Registered
178 Posts
FN_M3 said:

wrong.

65's are v12 bi-turbo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.