Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THESE RULES ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH CCW'S OR ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY!
Check your local laws for concealed carry in your State/City. Try www.packing.org


Five Rules for Concealed Carry

1. Your concealed handgun is for protection of life only.

Draw it solely in preparation to protect yourself or an innocent third party from the wrongful and life-threatening criminal actions of another.

2. Know exactly when you can use your gun.

A criminal adversary must have, or reasonably appear to have:

I. The ability to inflict serious bodily injury (he is armed or reasonably appears to be armed with a deadly weapon),
II. The opportunity to inflict serious bodily harm (he is physically positioned to harm you with his weapon), and
III. His intent (hostile actions or words) indicates that he means to place you in jeopardy -- to do you serious or fatal physical harm.

When all three of these "attack potential" elements are in place simultaneously, then you are facing a reasonably perceived deadly threat that can justify an emergency deadly force response.

3. If you can run away -- RUN!

Just because you’re armed doesn’t necessarily mean you must confront a bad guy at gunpoint. Develop your "situation awareness" skills so you can be alert to detect and avoid trouble altogether. Keep in mind that if you successfully evade a potential confrontation, the single negative consequence involved might be your bruised ego, which should heal with mature rationalization. But if you force a confrontation you risk the possibility of you or a family member being killed or suffering lifelong crippling/disfiguring physical injury, criminal liability and/or financial ruin from civil lawsuit. Flee if you can, fight only as a last resort.

4. Display your gun, go to jail.

You should expect to be arrested by police at gunpoint, and be charged with a crime anytime your concealed handgun is seen by another citizen in public, regardless of how unintentional or innocent or justified the situation might seem. Choose a method of carry that reliably keeps your gun hidden from public view at all times.

You have no control over how a stranger will react to seeing (or learning about) your concealed handgun. He or she might become alarmed and report you to police as a "man or woman with a gun." Depending on his or her feelings about firearms, this person might be willing to maliciously embellish his or her story in attempt to have your gun seized by police or to get you arrested. An alarmed citizen who reports a "man with a gun" is going to be more credible to police than you when you're stopped because you match the suspect's description, and you're found to have a concealed handgun in your possession.

Before you deliberately expose your gun in public, ask yourself: "Is this worth going to jail for?" The only time this question should warrant a "yes" response is when an adversary has at least, both ability and intent, and is actively seeking the opportunity to do you great harm.

5. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.

If, despite your best efforts to the contrary, you do get into some kind of heated dispute with another person while you’re armed, never mention, imply or exhibit your gun for the purpose of intimidation or one-upmanship. You’ll simply make a bad situation worse -- for yourself (see rule #4).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
same

whats up i was just reading about the right to stand ground( i have a ccwp) and im in the military. was reading through here. and noticed this post thought i chime in about that law pased in flordia. they have been looking into it here in nc as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
I live in Washington State and I'm sort of confused, if you have concealed weapons permit are you legally allowed to carry a loaded pistol on you or in your car or does it have to be unloaded?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
infox said:
I live in Washington State and I'm sort of confused, if you have concealed weapons permit are you legally allowed to carry a loaded pistol on you or in your car or does it have to be unloaded?

I know in NY, you can carry the pistol on you...or in your car loaded or unloaded. It does not matter. I look at it this way, if you have a permit, what is the point of carrying around an unloaded gun.

Every state differs with their laws. In NY you do not have to carry it concealed, you can half it in plain sight. However, many Law Enforcement Officers will tell you it is better to keep concealed, to keep from scaring people and causing people to call 911 and wast the police time.

Just check your local and state laws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
THESE RULES ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH CCW'S OR ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY!
Check your local laws for concealed carry in your State/City. Try www.packing.org


Five Rules for Concealed Carry

1. Your concealed handgun is for protection of life only.

Draw it solely in preparation to protect yourself or an innocent third party from the wrongful and life-threatening criminal actions of another.

2. Know exactly when you can use your gun.

A criminal adversary must have, or reasonably appear to have:

I. The ability to inflict serious bodily injury (he is armed or reasonably appears to be armed with a deadly weapon),
II. The opportunity to inflict serious bodily harm (he is physically positioned to harm you with his weapon), and
III. His intent (hostile actions or words) indicates that he means to place you in jeopardy -- to do you serious or fatal physical harm.

4).
For somebody from Florida you should know those laws better. I believe it was sepember im probably wrong that florida was the first state to enact laws of "shoot first ask questions later".
It states that if somebody you dont know breaks into your car and shoudnt be there you have the right to "shoot them"
If somebody breaks into your house and you dont know them you have the right to "shoot them"
If you shoot somebody in any of these situations and do not kill them, their family CAN NOT sue you.

Ill have to find the magazine it was in, it mainly caught my attention because Fl laws are alot like Pa laws when it comes to guns and gun control. Both states recognize each others concealed weapon permots. I was hoping Pa would make their laws the same as well. Then I'd have a use for my tactical AR :ninja .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SexSiLude said:
For somebody from Florida you should know those laws better. I believe it was sepember im probably wrong that florida was the first state to enact laws of "shoot first ask questions later".
It states that if somebody you dont know breaks into your car and shoudnt be there you have the right to "shoot them"
If somebody breaks into your house and you dont know them you have the right to "shoot them"
If you shoot somebody in any of these situations and do not kill them, their family CAN NOT sue you.

Ill have to find the magazine it was in, it mainly caught my attention because Fl laws are alot like Pa laws when it comes to guns and gun control. Both states recognize each others concealed weapon permots. I was hoping Pa would make their laws the same as well. Then I'd have a use for my tactical AR :ninja .
I guess you have not read my post correctly. It is for people who carry on them a weapon, not everyone in FL can. You can keep a pistol in your car legally. The law is for people breaking into your house only,and it has not been tested yet. You have to have some amount of fear to shoot them. You can't be watching them break into your car in your driveway and take shots at them. People like you make assumptions that are totally unlawful. As for not being alble to be sued, you are totally false. You can be sued civily without a doubt for wrongful death. Also you can be taken to Federal court for violation of the Fifth Amendment (due process). I'm guessing you never thought of that now eh?

What I posted is guidelines for people with permits. Just an FYI I studied a little law in college before becoming a cop ;)

edit: and what is with the use of 'tactical' in AR? An AR-15 is a 'tactical' rifle out of the box. The word tactical is about as overused as extreme. Maybe you mean M4 or carbine. Or maybe you know some special nickie neat "tactics' to use with an AR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
I guess you have not read my post correctly. It is for people who carry on them a weapon, not everyone in FL can. You can keep a pistol in your car legally. The law is for people breaking into your house only,and it has not been tested yet. You have to have some amount of fear to shoot them. You can't be watching them break into your car in your driveway and take shots at them. People like you make assumptions that are totally unlawful. As for not being alble to be sued, you are totally false. You can be sued civily without a doubt for wrongful death. Also you can be taken to Federal court for violation of the Fifth Amendment (due process). I'm guessing you never thought of that now eh?

What I posted is guidelines for people with permits. Just an FYI I studied a little law in college before becoming a cop ;)

edit: and what is with the use of 'tactical' in AR? An AR-15 is a 'tactical' rifle out of the box. The word tactical is about as overused as extreme. Maybe you mean M4 or carbine. Or maybe you know some special nickie neat "tactics' to use with an AR.
yea it has a 14 inch barrel its not an m4 due to not having a stepped barrel. It has an eotech floating holographic laser sight, and a lightened 2.5lb trigger pull. I too have a law degree from Cal so im sorry if that education wasnt good enough, but I will try and find that magazine because I know I'm right "you can not be sued" for christs sake the article had the Fl gov. shaking hands with congress. I cant remember what it was a guy i work with gave it to me I just know it had the "montana" on the back a hunting rifle by kimber. and as far as premeditated by waiting for somebody in your car it said nothing about that. im sure if you lured somebody in and just waited to shoot them yea your ass is grass. But if im going to get in my car and somebodies in it, my take on that was you can shoot them. It said the laws we all rewritten for the safty of the home owner. Im not saying your wrong but you're not 100% right. As far as tactics, I've had swat training in pittsburgh, I was using that as a figure of speach. I guess i should have said tactical 12g instead, that came from the PSP.

EDIT: I looked at my parents house, the mag. is not there. I dont even know what name mag. it was but being that you're from florida I'm sure you know your laws better than I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SexSiLude said:
yea it has a 14 inch barrel its not an m4 due to not having a stepped barrel. It has an eotech floating holographic laser sight, and a lightened 2.5lb trigger pull. I too have a law degree from Cal so im sorry if that education wasnt good enough, but I will try and find that magazine because I know I'm right "you can not be sued" for christs sake the article had the Fl gov. shaking hands with congress. I cant remember what it was a guy i work with gave it to me I just know it had the "montana" on the back a hunting rifle by kimber. and as far as premeditated by waiting for somebody in your car it said nothing about that. im sure if you lured somebody in and just waited to shoot them yea your ass is grass. But if im going to get in my car and somebodies in it, my take on that was you can shoot them. It said the laws we all rewritten for the safty of the home owner. Im not saying your wrong but you're not 100% right. As far as tactics, I've had swat training in pittsburgh, I was using that as a figure of speach. I guess i should have said tactical 12g instead, that came from the PSP.

EDIT: I looked at my parents house, the mag. is not there. I dont even know what name mag. it was but being that you're from florida I'm sure you know your laws better than I do.
I as a police officer can not shoot someone for taking property. Shooting someone who does absolutely nothing to provoke you is murder, I would be taking you to jail. You should know that there are no restrictions on civil lawsuits. Also no comment on 5th amendment?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
No, I was relying soley on that article which I can not find. Trust me im in the boondocks in South West Pa, I know alot of shootings goin on and the police dont do much about it. For one is our laurel mountain area is ran by the mountain folks. everybody that lives here takes the law in their own hands a due to the fact they are either retired officers or know the law better than the current officers which they are still friends with. I had a 12g at my head before, masacred the guy afterwards, then had a drive by done on my house. Well I have cameras due to there being well over 100k in vehicles around, and the guy was caught on camera with a tech9 shooting my shit up. The police came to the house and the neighbors told them "dont worry about it, we'll take care of it". And it was. So you im sure are in the city where shootings arent as common as shootings around here or if they are its alot more main-stream,....around here its not a big deal. Thats why I carry, you never know what kind of @sshole wants to act like mr bad ass and pull one on you or bust up your stuff which i work very hard to earn and pay for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CruelPrelude said:
is it illegal to have a silenced handgun ?
you have to have a federal permit.








Just an FYI, silenced weapons don't sound like they do in the movies. THere is sound, and you have to use subsonic rounds with a silencer. Also many semi auto firearms will not cycle with a silencer on combined with subsonic rounds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I was wondering.. i'll jus say i've "heard" of this guy, who "may" have a silenced handgun and I was wondering how illegal that is.. thanks for the input and info on subsonic rounds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CruelPrelude said:
I was wondering.. i'll jus say i've "heard" of this guy, who "may" have a silenced handgun and I was wondering how illegal that is.. thanks for the input and info on subsonic rounds
its a federal crime and carries some serious time if you're caught with one.

Federal charges = a whole new world
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I think a weapon silencer would be at the "you're fucked now" end of spectrum, the more serious side bc theres no reason to have one, should be completely impossible for a citizen to obtain one(without legal authorization) and depicts the intention to murder someone, am I right?. road rage is a federal offence too, isn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
not in IL, its a zero tollerance, punishable with fines and imprisonment.. so the police say. I've had to take drivers ed, then 2 other courses over the last year and a half bc ppl have a tendency to hit my car.. 4 accidents, 3 tickets.... one accident was my fault. other 3 the ppl smashed into me. and the 2 tickets were speeding and another was failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident..

anyway.. took those driving courses again and its taught by police officers and they said its zero tollerance and we could go to prison for road rage in IL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
SexSiLude said:
For somebody from Florida you should know those laws better. I believe it was sepember im probably wrong that florida was the first state to enact laws of "shoot first ask questions later".
It states that if somebody you dont know breaks into your car and shoudnt be there you have the right to "shoot them"
If somebody breaks into your house and you dont know them you have the right to "shoot them"
If you shoot somebody in any of these situations and do not kill them, their family CAN NOT sue you.

Ill have to find the magazine it was in, it mainly caught my attention because Fl laws are alot like Pa laws when it comes to guns and gun control. Both states recognize each others concealed weapon permots. I was hoping Pa would make their laws the same as well. Then I'd have a use for my tactical AR :ninja .
Id like to see that scenario... Someone in florida, in a house, shot... no questions asked just because he didnt belong there. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FiveOwe said:
Id like to see that scenario... Someone in florida, in a house, shot... no questions asked just because he didnt belong there. :rolleyes
yeah, then you turn your lights on and its your neighbors drunk son, just going in the wrong house. Some people just don't think of real life scenario's or consequences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
If the round was fired with a silencer and the silencer was removed after, could it be proven that the round was fired through a silencer?
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top