Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm confused.

I'm from Tennessee, and silencers/supressors are sold in pretty much any gun shop you come across. They are perfectly legal, here anyways. You have to pay a 200$ tax (because its a class 3 item), must be 21 years of age, must pass a background check, and it must be registered in your name. Once all of that is taken care of, its yours. When i get the money i'm going to buy a silencer for my AR-15, and Walther P22. ASSUMING, i am correct in the fact that they are legal. But it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have something for sale in a publicly accessable store if it wasn't legal.

I also see people strapped here. By strapped I mean they have a hand cannon on their belt that is visible. I'm assuming that is legal also.

However, we cannot display guns in a gun rack. You may have to get a permit to do so, i'm not sure.

This is why i prefer to live in the south. It sounds like many of you have limited 2nd amendment rights. If you pay the tax and pass the background check you can get it here.

Are there any other Tennesseans that would like to elaborate on anything i have missed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.