Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
No Retreat

robbieshonda said:
whats up i was just reading about the right to stand ground( i have a ccwp) and im in the military. was reading through here. and noticed this post thought i chime in about that law pased in flordia. they have been looking into it here in nc as well.

Mississippi has the no retreat law as well.

I was assaulted after a near collision and when I went to file the report
and have the s.o.b locked up, they asked me if I had a weapon.

I answered "Yes, I keep a .40 in my door pocket"
They said "Why didn't you blow his ass away?"

I was then informed of my rights.

I don't carry my firearm now though.
I don't need it like I thought I did.

But as bad as it is here in the MS Delta,
The police tell people who carry to pretty much if you fear for your life,
shoot to kill...

Damn Right.

I'm soon to be military to btw and proud to know any of you guys on here that are too. I'm just waiting to ship out on oct 10th.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
I guess you have not read my post correctly. It is for people who carry on them a weapon, not everyone in FL can. You can keep a pistol in your car legally. The law is for people breaking into your house only,and it has not been tested yet. You have to have some amount of fear to shoot them. You can't be watching them break into your car in your driveway and take shots at them. People like you make assumptions that are totally unlawful. As for not being alble to be sued, you are totally false. You can be sued civily without a doubt for wrongful death. Also you can be taken to Federal court for violation of the Fifth Amendment (due process). I'm guessing you never thought of that now eh?

What I posted is guidelines for people with permits. Just an FYI I studied a little law in college before becoming a cop ;)

edit: and what is with the use of 'tactical' in AR? An AR-15 is a 'tactical' rifle out of the box. The word tactical is about as overused as extreme. Maybe you mean M4 or carbine. Or maybe you know some special nickie neat "tactics' to use with an AR.

isnt our 14th amendment due process? and 5th amendment protects from self incrimination/ double jeopordy

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm confused.

I'm from Tennessee, and silencers/supressors are sold in pretty much any gun shop you come across. They are perfectly legal, here anyways. You have to pay a 200$ tax (because its a class 3 item), must be 21 years of age, must pass a background check, and it must be registered in your name. Once all of that is taken care of, its yours. When i get the money i'm going to buy a silencer for my AR-15, and Walther P22. ASSUMING, i am correct in the fact that they are legal. But it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have something for sale in a publicly accessable store if it wasn't legal.

I also see people strapped here. By strapped I mean they have a hand cannon on their belt that is visible. I'm assuming that is legal also.

However, we cannot display guns in a gun rack. You may have to get a permit to do so, i'm not sure.

This is why i prefer to live in the south. It sounds like many of you have limited 2nd amendment rights. If you pay the tax and pass the background check you can get it here.

Are there any other Tennesseans that would like to elaborate on anything i have missed?

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Isaac said:
I'm from Tennessee, and silencers/supressors are sold in pretty much any gun shop you come across. They are perfectly legal, here anyways. You have to pay a 200$ tax (because its a class 3 item), must be 21 years of age, must pass a background check, and it must be registered in your name. Once all of that is taken care of, its yours. When i get the money i'm going to buy a silencer for my AR-15, and Walther P22. ASSUMING, i am correct in the fact that they are legal. But it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have something for sale in a publicly accessable store if it wasn't legal.

I also see people strapped here. By strapped I mean they have a hand cannon on their belt that is visible. I'm assuming that is legal also.

However, we cannot display guns in a gun rack. You may have to get a permit to do so, i'm not sure.

This is why i prefer to live in the south. It sounds like many of you have limited 2nd amendment rights. If you pay the tax and pass the background check you can get it here.

Are there any other Tennesseans that would like to elaborate on anything i have missed?
Its not even worth your money to buy a suppressor for a AR, any round you buy is going to be supersonic. And the suppressor will affect the gas operation so you will effectively have a single shot rifle, you will have to cycle it every time. You can get subsonic 22LR rounds, but still the same problem of having to cycle it.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
BatMod said:
THESE RULES ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH CCW'S OR ARE ALLOWED TO CARRY!
Check your local laws for concealed carry in your State/City. Try www.packing.org

4. Display your gun, go to jail.

You should expect to be arrested by police at gunpoint, and be charged with a crime anytime your concealed handgun is seen by another citizen in public, regardless of how unintentional or innocent or justified the situation might seem. Choose a method of carry that reliably keeps your gun hidden from public view at all times.
Not in Virginia, we are open carry friendly. :D

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
M4-tty said:
Not in Virginia, we are open carry friendly. :D
we are open carry in missouri too, but we also have ccw permits. people tend to not freak out when they can't see you walking with a gun, as well as the fact that pretty much any store is going to ask you to leave if you're not a LEO. generally people don't need to carry around guns. but i got a ccw for when i have to make business trips into ghetto places.

I do have a question though...

let's say a store had a no weapons allowed inside sign posted, and you went in with your ccw as a civillian. then someone comes in (like the case of the mall about a month or so back) and starts blasting people, and you put him down.

would anything legal happen there with law enforcement?

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
as well as the fact that pretty much any store is going to ask you to leave if you're not a LEO. generally people don't need to carry around guns. but i got a ccw for when i have to make business trips into ghetto places.
I've only been asked to put my gun in the car in a few places (restaurants that serve alcohol) and it's only because in Virginia we have a law that forbids concealed carry in places that serve alcohol for on site consumption. Alot of people who are supposed to know the laws on guns and alcohol (ABC Managers at restaurants) don't understand the law and think that the law says No Carrying at all in restaurants that serve alcohol. Then you have the few that say "I don't feel comfortable with you wearing a gun in here." I say ok and usually leave.

Most people don't NEED to carry a gun but that is not the point. The point is we have that right so we have the choice to exercise it. I don't wear mine to cause any problems I wear it because I don't want to need it and not have it. Last saturday the Red Hot and Blue was robbed in Richmond (about 2 hours from me). A month ago that guy shot up the mall in Utah, people need to realize there are nuts in this fucking world and that's reason enough for me to carry. Also I just remembered the Buffalo Wild Wings in Richmond decided to post signs stating "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED WITH OR WITHOUT CCW" because they had so many people getting into arguments in the restaurant then going outside and firing shots at the building. You know what problem that sign solved? The problem every criminal faces when he goes in to rob/shoot somebody; whether or not that somebody is carrying. Basically they have taken away our rights and given them to the criminals and drug dealers who don't give a fuck about signs or repercussions. Shit like that pisses me off but anyway back to your quote; depending on where you live there may or may not be a reason to carry but you have that right and it's up to you to decide whether or not to use it.

IISaiNtII said:
let's say a store had a no weapons allowed inside sign posted, and you went in with your ccw as a civillian. then someone comes in (like the case of the mall about a month or so back) and starts blasting people, and you put him down.

would anything legal happen there with law enforcement?
I wouldn't risk it unless me or my family were in danger. I'm not gonna chance throwing away my life to save a total stranger, until this country changes some of it's ways I'll leave that hero shit to the police. 9 times out of 10 I'd be defenseless anyway because I try to obey those signs and when I can avoid places with those signs I usually do.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
M4-tty said:
I wouldn't risk it unless me or my family were in danger. I'm not gonna chance throwing away my life to save a total stranger, until this country changes some of it's ways I'll leave that hero shit to the police. 9 times out of 10 I'd be defenseless anyway because I try to obey those signs and when I can avoid places with those signs I usually do.
that's kind of what i was getting at, if a person was blowing people away and making their way to you (and possibly your family).

i'm getting my ccw in a month, btw :D and just picked up a new piece yesterday:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
that's kind of what i was getting at, if a person was blowing people away and making their way to you (and possibly your family).

i'm getting my ccw in a month, btw :D and just picked up a new piece yesterday:

Then yes, if by making their way you mean walking towards me with the gun pointed in my general direction.

We have similar tastes. :D

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
M4-tty said:
Then yes, if by making their way you mean walking towards me with the gun pointed in my general direction.

We have similar tastes. :D

how do you like the usp?
i have a p99 .40, and obviously the xd9 now. i like both very well. haven't gotten to fire the xd9 yet though, but i've shot a few prior...

know of any good places to get accessories (light rail)? the shop i make most of my purchases wants $150ish for a fricking light...

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
IISaiNtII said:
how do you like the usp?
i have a p99 .40, and obviously the xd9 now. i like both very well. haven't gotten to fire the xd9 yet though, but i've shot a few prior...

know of any good places to get accessories (light rail)? the shop i make most of my purchases wants $150ish for a fricking light...
Oh I love it dude. It's perfect for my hands, it's accurate and it's dependable. What else can ya ask for? :D

My stepdad has an XD9 and I think they are awesome guns. It's accurate and smooth right out of the gate. I think Surefire makes a light/laser combo for the XD but I'm not sure how much they are. I was looking at rail mounted laser/light combos for my USP and I can't find a good one for under $200. Not to mention there isn't any hip holsters that accomodate the laser. I think Safariland makes a thigh holster for it but you can't exactly conceal that. The XD holsters are the same way, they put a rail on it so you can take the light off the gun and put it on the holster rail but what fucking good does that do? Laser/lights obviously do no good if they aren't on the gun.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
M4-tty said:
Oh I love it dude. It's perfect for my hands, it's accurate and it's dependable. What else can ya ask for? :D

My stepdad has an XD9 and I think they are awesome guns. It's accurate and smooth right out of the gate. I think Surefire makes a light/laser combo for the XD but I'm not sure how much they are. I was looking at rail mounted laser/light combos for my USP and I can't find a good one for under $200. Not to mention there isn't any hip holsters that accomodate the laser. I think Safariland makes a thigh holster for it but you can't exactly conceal that. The XD holsters are the same way, they put a rail on it so you can take the light off the gun and put it on the holster rail but what fucking good does that do? Laser/lights obviously do no good if they aren't on the gun.
i actually found a decent site off of xdtalk.com, www.pistolgear.com
prices aren't too bad, they're selling the tlr-1 for about $105 shipped. tlr-2 is a bit pricier though at $240 + shipping.
i'm actually thinking about the insight x2, and i know they make them in laser combo's as well, just not available on that site.

I hear ya about the holsters, but most people probably don't need to conceal pistol + taclights since most public places are lit fairly well. that's my guess anyway.

i figure at most all i need is the light, if i had to defend at home, the only place to shoot from would be our bedroom, and that goes directly to the hallway, light that shit up and fire. laser is a little too much for me at the moment i think. plus i got the mossberg loaded with rocksalt shells stashed in the bedroom for the mrs... probably should be the other way around, but she hates handguns, and doesn't even know about the p99 or xd :hehe
(note, this isn't my mossberg, but i don't take pictures of my weapons for the reason above )

she said it herself though, "i don't care if you buy one to protect us, just don't fucking let me know about it."

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
cranberynvodka said:
so would you get in trouble if you have a concealed license and walk into a restraunt that has a sign for not allowing weopons in their restraunt? and if so waht would the punishment be?
yes. if you're caught.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
cranberynvodka said:
so would you get in trouble if you have a concealed license and walk into a restraunt that has a sign for not allowing weopons in their restraunt? and if so waht would the punishment be?
they could kick you out fo the restaurant..thats it..because if you can legally carry..there is no legal action they can take against you..jsut refuse to serve you.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
cranberynvodka said:
IISaiNtII said:
yes. if you're caught.
cranberynvodka said:
what kind of ticket would that be?
VTECsqznN2O said:
they could kick you out fo the restaurant..thats it..because if you can legally carry..there is no legal action they can take against you..jsut refuse to serve you.
In most states those signs don't have the force of law behind them. If you go in you will most likely be asked to leave and then if you refuse they will call the police and you can be charged with a simple trespass. More often than not they will ask you to leave before calling the police but you must be asked to leave before any charges can be brought against you.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
M4-tty said:
In most states those signs don't have the force of law behind them. If you go in you will most likely be asked to leave and then if you refuse they will call the police and you can be charged with a simple trespass. More often than not they will ask you to leave before calling the police but you must be asked to leave before any charges can be brought against you.
thats what i was getting at

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.