Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to work on my car the other day and it literally took forever to cool down enough to touch the engine. The engine gets real hot (the valve covers especially) is this normal on my gsr? I already have a bigger radiator coming soon, will that fix the problem? One of my friends said i should just change the thermostat for one that opens sooner i don't even know at what temperature mine opens at. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
How high up does the gauge go on the gauge cluster?

·
Registered
148 Posts
usaually b-series engine heat up pretty good at least to my experiance... the temperture of your location could play a factor to... like if it's a hot and humid day... It usaully takes longer for a engine to cool...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the thing, since it's a swapped engine so i gotta take good care of it. The heat gauge stays normal i just can't really trust it because it might 'think' its running fine if it still had the stock one in, but i have a bigger engine now. Will the radiator even do anything to this 'predicament' of mine :p

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
if the engine doesnt overheat and the temperature gauge never goes over the half way mark then its normal. during summer it will take longer for it to cool down since its hot out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.