Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked my spark plugs and i am currently running a 55 shot and there was little silverish specs on the electrode tip...it was a little brownish tho..more like browish silverish...kind of how the spark plug is suppose to be but then theres these damn silverish specs.not alot..just a lil...enough to bug me. does this mean i'm running lean? maybe i should try using the 65 shot fuel jet with the 55 shot nitrous jet? but will using a higher fuel jet cause me to run slower???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
plugs.....

one more thing...instead of the insulator on the spark plugs staying white like how its suppose to be...they are turning really red...and i'm really confused on what this means? i think it means my plugs are getting way to hot and right now i'm using some #6 plugs so should i go with #7's???

·
Registered
314 Posts
I recommend trying #7 copper NGK's and retarding your timing a few degrees and see what happens. You shouldn't have any silver specs on your plugs or you are detonating.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mugenpwr said:
I recommend trying #7 copper NGK's and retarding your timing a few degrees and see what happens. You shouldn't have any silver specs on your plugs or you are detonating.
i went to auto zone and pep boys and all they have are #6 copper plugs...do i have to special order #7's or something?

·
Registered
163 Posts
00SilverCivicEx said:
i went to auto zone and pep boys and all they have are #6 copper plugs...do i have to special order #7's or something?
damn man arent those 3steps colder than stock??? post a pic of your plugs...i know i have some silverish shiet on mine but they look more like a scratch not specs i hope im not detonating...but other than that everything else is mocha brown copper color...

·
Registered
404 Posts
yea ive noticed some siler particles on mine also!!
im running the 55 n2o jet wit 65 fuel jet..plus i know its runnig rich from the popping...i hope that stuff isnt peices of the motor!!

im using the zex plugs

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
psylas said:
damn man arent those 3steps colder than stock??? post a pic of your plugs...i know i have some silverish shiet on mine but they look more like a scratch not specs i hope im not detonating...but other than that everything else is mocha brown copper color...
if i get the #7 plugs they would be two steps colder than stock cause my stock plugs are #5's....but i have to special order #7's so i'm probably just going to go with some zex plugs. yea the silver specs look kind of like stratches...i'm not sure if i'm detonating or not...what are some other signs to look for besides checking the spark plugs? how about back fire or something else?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
the NGK BKR7E's are great plugs to use. i get mine from Summit Racing in Ohio, part #1283 i believe. free shipping and i think they are or a bit less then $2 a piece.

later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts