Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wut exactly is required to run nitrous at the track? i think u need a blow down tube but is there anything else u need? i dont wanna have to sneek my bottle in like my friend did haha.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
usually a blow-down tube and having the N2O line run outside the vehicle are the only 2 things needed. other than having the bottle secured of course. sometimes the bottle is required to be in the trunk or a barrier is needed between the driver and the bottle. it's all about safety and that's why they can be picky at some tracks.

later

· Registered
1,366 Posts
myflysi said:
you only need a blow down tube when you have the bottle mounted inside the car- if its mounted in the trunk youre all set.
that's not true in alot of areas/tracks and the ones i go to.

they especially make you use a blow-down tube when in a hatch style car. IMO i don't think blow-down tubes are really needed cause most have a relief valve rated at 3000 psi. when you think about how warm the bottle has to be to reach 3000 psi, it SHOULDN'T but i guess there are some crazy situations (and people) out there. better be safe then sorry.

the track i usually go to wouldn't let me in after the first time they saw my bottle without a blow-down tube, until i installed it then they were cool. they really don't care for imports too much so i guess they were just pickin on me. :(

later

· Registered
55 Posts
i was just going to ask that..how does the blow down tube work?? wheres it located at? i might be heading to sac in 3 weeks or so. they never said anything back den because my nitrous solenoids where hidden when i had my sohc motor but now with my gsr motor its just mounted by the fuse box.

· Registered
1,366 Posts
the NOS one is blue. it's just a small tube that connects to the side of the valve to let pressure from 3000+psi out of the bottle. it's shaped like an L and it goes out the bottom of the trunk/spare tire well. or you can use a flex tube N2O line which is easier to work with.

later

· Registered
55 Posts
sweet said:
the NOS one is blue. it's just a small tube that connects to the side of the valve to let pressure from 3000+psi out of the bottle. it's shaped like an L and it goes out the bottom of the trunk/spare tire well. or you can use a flex tube N2O line which is easier to work with.

later
my trunk has a hole or do i need to drill it?

· Registered
204 Posts
2000CivicGSR said:
my trunk has a hole or do i need to drill it?
i had to drill another hole in the trunk...and i bought the blue NOS tube....finally don't have to hide the bottle in my friends car just to pass the car inspection when i run at the track lol :cool:

· Registered
55 Posts
but hiding it works too? so i could just have no bottle and hide it in my friends car and once they finish inspection then take my bottle back and put it back in my car.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would they let u run if u made a rubber tube for the blow down? or does it have to be bought? or made of metal or steel braided? im trying to save money by making my own tube and buying the valve adapter only.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
i race at 2 tracks outside of d.c. both have different rules. one says i must have a blown down tube even though it is a coupe with the rear seats and the other says nothing about it. the shitty track is the one with more rules. go figure

· Registered
194 Posts
blow down tubes ARE NECESSARY for all types of racing, not just test and tune but real racing as well, the tube has to be mounted to the botle and VENTED OUTSIDE the vehicle. so yes you will have to drill holes. the bottle must be mounted in the rear portion of the vehicle and the top of the bottle must be inline with the intake tract. they will not allow it any other way. all those people with bottles mounted sideways and crap to make it look cool are never going to be allowed to race their cars legally cause it is actually a hazard to the system itself, bottles need to be mounted at a certain angle (predesignated) or you are chancing serious harm to you and your car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.