Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rotors installed the end of last week along with Hawk HPS pads and the rotors are already showing pretty major surface rust around the hub. The guy at the brake place said that it was from the pad material and moisture collecting on the rotor and oxidizing it. Has anyone else had this problem or know if this is the cause of it? What can I do to prevent it?

· Registered
2,575 Posts
MysterE said:
The guy at the brake place said that it was from the pad material and moisture collecting on the rotor and oxidizing it. Has anyone else had this problem or know if this is the cause of it? What can I do to prevent it?
Your mech's explanation is right:)

switch67 said:
I heard that you could put some sort of high temp clear coat on the hub.
I got the rotors...they were bright any shiny when I first got em and still are...This is what you can do.

Take em off....use some kind of rust solvent ie;TLC,polish,etc

Buy some high temp clearcoat, I used the stuff from Home Depot in the barbeque section. Spray the inner hub and outter rings of the disc....that should be it. Problem solved.

PS: you can also use high temp spray paint, The s2000 brake discs are spray with a black paint that prevents the rusted look from appearing. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.