Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the story,

I am chaiging the springs off the car to coilovers. I got the front take off alright. Now I am on the back passenger side. I am trying to remove the top bolt, but it seems to be stuck. I am going to say rusted to the washer that is below it. we I have sprayed about a whole can of Wd-40 onto the bolt, I have tried to take it off, but it won't budge. well now we are safe to say the bolt is stripped onto it.

Does anyone have any suggestion on getting it off. I tried the gator Grib, (it sucks) don't use it.. I don't know what else to do. I started to file the bolt down to break it then go to Discount and get another nut. but It has taken my three hours to get to the point I am, and I still can't get it off. whats your suggestion?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh I got them off, after chipping away for it for at least an hour.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to discount and got the same size bolt, put it on and all is good. Least I have another 10 years before this one can give me trouble.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
allll is good until I need to get the bolts off the Cat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.