Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could u swap out the s2000 engine in a civic say if everything fit.. wouldnt u need to modify it cuz one is rwd and the other is fwd? does the engine have to do with rwd or fwd

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
its just a motor, it really doesnt matter too much, but i would rather swap out and make a fwd car rwd than swap the motor...

the s2k motor would probobly need a lot of fabbing to work right, and the project really isnt worth it considering the other, easier options for the swap that woud be much cheaper...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I know its not the same cars or motors, but I know a guy that swapped a SR20DET S15 motor into a 95 200sx. He said it was a bitch and a lot of work and he wouldnt wanna do it again. I cant imagine it would be any easier with a Honda.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
The S2000 engine is a good engine and does make 240 NA but it is not the best engine honda has to offer,I'd rather put that money towards a JDM Type R K20 swap

·
Registered
747 Posts
98civic4door said:
The S2000 engine is a good engine and does make 240 NA but it is not the best engine honda has to offer,I'd rather put that money towards a JDM Type R K20 swap
that would definintely be the best idea. given what it would cost you to custom fabricate everything you needed to swap a F20 into a FWD car, let alone the price of the motor itself, you could spend a fraction of that with the K20A install and only be short 20hp and 10 ft/lbs....

K20 swapped EG hatches run mid to upper 13's with basic bolt on's, I/H/E....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k20 = rsx or s2000? im asking if the engine matters what type of car it is

like could u put a camero engine (if it fitted) into a civic without changing it to rwd

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
it all comes down to the transmission,drive shafts and so on.I think the S2000 engine can go onto a F-series transmission out of a early 90's lude or any 90's model accord but what we are saying is that the engine itself is not worth what they go for and there are far better swaps to be had.

You can put a JDM B18C5 in a civic with no problems and IMO it is a far better engine with alot better aftermarket support or you could use a H22A out of a Accord Euro R and get better TQ with like 20 less hp for alot cheaper than the F20C

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
the traditional swap includes swapping

enigine
transmission
axels
ecu
and maybe mounts depending on the car and the engine being swapped into it

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
umm... trust me... a normal or common swap, like the b16 or lsvtec for the civics or the h22a in the accords is hard enough and expensive and tedious enough mang... why would you want to even try to think about swapping a FR engine into a FF car? Waste of time, waste of money, waste of a good engine. The s2000 motor is fairly torqueless.... to get any power out of the engine, you have to rev that sucker high into the r's. Yea, it has 240hp but that is somewhere near 8000 rpms... so the climb from idle up, the engine is a little weak... and since the power is made that high in rpm's and since it doesn't have that great of torque, the car is hard to drive because you have to keep it in the powerband to get it to go anywhere. (which is one reason why they went from the original 2.0 engine in the first s2000's to the current 2.2's in the newer ones) Hell drive the s2000 on GT3 or GT4 and if it's in it's stock form you'll see that it sucks driving it out of some of the turns becuase you are at the wrong speed to downshift to a lower gear but you're still kinda low in the rpm's in your current gear... kinda sucks. The K20 would be a good way to go, i've seen vids of those things tear up some pavement. One way or another, the answer to your question is yes, with time and lots of money, but don't.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
krazykloudz said:
umm... trust me... a normal or common swap, like the b16 or lsvtec for the civics or the h22a in the accords is hard enough and expensive and tedious enough mang... why would you want to even try to think about swapping a FR engine into a FF car? Waste of time, waste of money, waste of a good engine. The s2000 motor is fairly torqueless.... to get any power out of the engine, you have to rev that sucker high into the r's. Yea, it has 240hp but that is somewhere near 8000 rpms... so the climb from idle up, the engine is a little weak... and since the power is made that high in rpm's and since it doesn't have that great of torque, the car is hard to drive because you have to keep it in the powerband to get it to go anywhere. (which is one reason why they went from the original 2.0 engine in the first s2000's to the current 2.2's in the newer ones) Hell drive the s2000 on GT3 or GT4 and if it's in it's stock form you'll see that it sucks driving it out of some of the turns becuase you are at the wrong speed to downshift to a lower gear but you're still kinda low in the rpm's in your current gear... kinda sucks. The K20 would be a good way to go, i've seen vids of those things tear up some pavement. One way or another, the answer to your question is yes, with time and lots of money, but don't.

listen to him...

its like the guy that wanted to put an nsx motor in another car... i think it was a lude... he would have been in for more money than just buying the nsx off the lot in the first place

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.