Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the deal....i just got a 12" sub and a 300 watt amp for my 2000 prelude. but with really fast songs like techno and stuff, the sub cant keep up at all. the guy that installed it says that its because my car has the acoustic feedback system or something like that. he said if i got an aftermarket head unit, my problem would be fixed. but he said he didnt know whether the amp that came with the stock stereo system is in the stock head unit or if its somewhere else. does anyone know where its located? im not too familiar with sound system wiring and stuff, so any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
144 Posts
sublime147 said:
ok heres the deal....i just got a 12" sub and a 300 watt amp for my 2000 prelude. but with really fast songs like techno and stuff, the sub cant keep up at all. the guy that installed it says that its because my car has the acoustic feedback system or something like that. he said if i got an aftermarket head unit, my problem would be fixed. but he said he didnt know whether the amp that came with the stock stereo system is in the stock head unit or if its somewhere else. does anyone know where its located? im not too familiar with sound system wiring and stuff, so any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
what kind of sub did u get?
i dont know if a new head unit would definatly clear up the problem, but it will make the bass sound clearer and louder

· Registered
62 Posts
if i can recall wut my friend said, it's all in the headunit. i'd replace the stock to an aftermrket anyway since u'd get better sound. hey that's a good question cuz like i'm installing an amp and sub to his lude but he has a stock head. so i guess i'll run into that prob too

· Registered
62 Posts
aitte got some feedback from a pro who had this prob. he said that there's a microphone located in the spkrs, right below the cone of it. now u have 2 options: change the stock HU to aftermarket, or change the 6x9's. now he said u COULD clip the mic wire, but he's not 100% sure if it'll work. but i think i'm going to do that. hope this info helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.