Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OhSoFast said:
I saw a race between a s15 and the new Integra R - I don't even know how you can compare the two cars - the Silvia destroyed it.
For the ITR to measure up with the Silvia it needs stage 3 modification (turbo and F. I). Ofcourse the Silvia would have to have some mod too.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
9000RPM said:
I don't think S15 will destroy DC5 ITR. It will beat it without doubt but by no means destroy.
Are you kidding me? First off, you can't even compare the two cars - second I've seen them both race against each other stock for stock and the Silvia fricken destroyed the Teg typeR

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It depends on the measurement of the word "destroyed". To me 2 cars+ is destroyed and the difference of 1 sec at 1/4mile would be that (2 cars+ ahead).

Turbo and RWD is second to turbo 4wd in launching. ITR which is non-turbo and FWD would be third and worst it only comes to life when VTEC kicks in.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
itr's arent that fast... people are basing them on times that good drivers put up in them... i beat a JDM type r at the track... yes, jdm... 210 horse stock, right hand drive, HID JDM lights, the whole sha bang... i couldne believe it either, but like i said, they arent that fast... how are they dangerously close to the s2k? if so, i cant wait to race an s2k at the track... btw, downpipe and testpipe this weekend... hello 13's!!!

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SoFlaGS-T said:
itr's arent that fast... people are basing them on times that good drivers put up in them... i beat a JDM type r at the track... yes, jdm... 210 horse stock, right hand drive, HID JDM lights, the whole sha bang... i couldne believe it either, but like i said, they arent that fast... how are they dangerously close to the s2k? if so, i cant wait to race an s2k at the track... btw, downpipe and testpipe this weekend... hello 13's!!!
"Dangerously close to" sounds like "beatable" and it's just not true w.r.t S2K vs ITR. If S2k is in the league of WRX and S15 :)rolleyes: ) than ITR is way off the mark.

Itrs are only as fast as the owners believe it to be (vtec fans). Some people worship Vtec and in that faith :)p ) believes anything that has to do with vtec...just like i believe in dohc :p

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
9000RPM said:

Honda says S2000 1/4 mile is 14.2 seconds and DC5 ITR is 14.3 seconds.
That is not true and you know that 9k...how could an ITR come so close? The S2k has around 28% more power. It has everything ITR has....can't be!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.