Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i wanna buy an S2000 in about a year, but wanna get a really good price. I see older ones are somewhat cheaper, but i believe that there has only been one generation of S2000's.... My question is, what changes, if any, have been made to the S2000, in terms of exterior, interior, engine, performance, and anything else. Ive seen a couple S2000's and they all had the same exact interior. Im mainly concerned with interior, and horsepower/torque. Thanx alot :D

· Registered
9 Posts
I've been trying to find out the same thing too

From what I found so far, the latest revisions were made in the 2002 models. Ratios were said to be tighter. As for torque and h/p its been the same since it first reached US shores about 5 years ago. Oh, the hardtop is an accessory that you can get now, but its been avail for about I year or so. This isn't much help to you, but at least its a reply :D

· Registered
43 Posts
2002 is the last S2K model. I think they are coming out with a new 2 seater circa 2004. I have a cousin that works at Honda, so I guess it's reliable information. As for the S2K gettin DOHC i-VTEC, never.

· Registered
777 Posts
Re: I've been trying to find out the same thing too

Otakumad said:
From what I found so far, the latest revisions were made in the 2002 models. Ratios were said to be tighter. As for torque and h/p its been the same since it first reached US shores about 5 years ago. Oh, the hardtop is an accessory that you can get now, but its been avail for about I year or so. This isn't much help to you, but at least its a reply :D
Are you sure you know what you're talking about? I think the gear ratios are the same, hardtops available since the '01 model year, and the car itself has been in Honda's lineup since the '00 model year.

Performance-wise, the car has had no changes except for a "smoother transmission" since '02. In '01, Spa Yellow Pearl was offered as a color and floormats became standard. In '02, Silverstone Metallic was replaced with Sebring Silver, Suzuka Blue and all blue/all red interior was offered, glass rear window, tweeters added to the stereo, "leather-look" center console added, new shift knob, improved clutch, and other little things involving the floormats and wipers and such. Each successing model year also fixes the TSBs of the previous year's.

Originally posted by NERV_Commander
2002 is the last S2K model. I think they are coming out with a new 2 seater circa 2004. I have a cousin that works at Honda, so I guess it's reliable information. As for the S2K gettin DOHC i-VTEC, never.
Not true. The '03 S2000 offers tan interior with Grand Prix White. Honda cars seem to have approximately 4 year generations, and '03 is the S2000s fourth model year. If the car does continue production past '03, it will probably get some type of facelift and a new motor, which might have I-VTEC.

· Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I'm about half-assed sure about the ratios. I know its cheesy to say so, but I read about it in Road & Track, also I've received confirmation from the dealership I've been bothering for serveral months.

I dunno about all this talk about it gettin a I-Vtec. Its doing so well right now that Honda doesn't need to change anything on it. Also, from what I learned from a local dealer, the s2k was a commorative car which was supposed be only sold for two years. But due to popularity its still around. About the 03 model, I know for sure that there is one, because I have the brochure. There's a stack of them at the dealership that I went to.

Once again, I would like to state I'm "half-assed" sure of everything I said :p

· Registered
68 Posts
There is a 2003 S2000, cause I just bought one on Monday. The major difference between this one and all the other ones is mostly cosmetics, the center console was upholstered better, now it's made out of leather instead of the regular carpet, the rear window is now glass and has a defroster. Engine and everythings else is the same..

hope that helps :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.