Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a pair or S2000 red seats. I am painting my car silver stone metallic and i think those seats would look good. The lowest price i can find i like $2000 dollars. If they are that much I guess some sparcos will have to do.

· Registered
484 Posts
wow, are they really that much? personally, i went to a car show yesterday where i live and a sol had them in his car. they are too tall for the sol. they scrape the back end part of the sol where the back window rolls up. imo, they are too tall, but it depends what you like. if that doesnt bother you than go for it.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from my understanding, most seats, except for the factory del sol seats are to tall or sit to high in the sol; but like most of the time i could be wrong.

· Registered
36 Posts
Gold, that wasn't the s2k seats. :)

But they were really nice. :D

apoc said the s2k seats were a biatch to put in and he only got them cuz he got a sweet deal on them. Try finding some from s2k forums or maybe if you can find a junked one. $2k is too much IMO, you could get yourself some nice Sparco Torinos. :D

· Banned
66 Posts
del-s2k-Sol said:
Well, I forgot about s2kyellowsol's screen name when I registered on dezoris, so I figured I would change it a little on here. I was tried of my name as my screen name.
I have to keep my name so I can continue verbally bitchslapping rice-boys and intimidating moderators. Can't let anyone forget who I am. There is only ONE NevadaSol.

We've all gotta have hobbies. :D

· Registered
15 Posts
s2k seats

I have s2000 seats in my del sol. I had to use the original rails
and bolt the parts on. It took about 4 hours to install.
Good luck finding the seats, I was looking for 4 months

Steve

· Registered
16 Posts
Steve......

looks great!!! just like they belong there, I bet the color of the seats are a close match to the dark gray trim in the del Sol

Did you have to completely remove the original S2k seat rails from the s2k seats and then what exactly did you have to modify on the del Sol rails to make it work?

Would you say you sit higher, lower or about the same height as the original del Sol seats?

Once again, great job!

BTW, are those shift boots from me with the red stitching?

al

· Registered
48 Posts
NevadaSol said:

I have to keep my name so I can continue verbally bitchslapping rice-boys and intimidating moderators. Can't let anyone forget who I am. There is only ONE NevadaSol.

We've all gotta have hobbies. :D
Mang you my Wigga!!! I luvs you mang!!...but ya won't be able to call my possible Teg GSR rice....it's OEM (JDM) all the way this time....got a chance at a 94 GSR(VEry rare here in Holland there are only 3)this one was imported outta the states. It's been equipped with some Type-R goodies...such as Interior(Other then the Recaro's)and Type-R suspension and such.......probably do a JDM front swap onto it......still waitin to hear back from the insurance company.....waitin for the dark news that they've declared it a total loss......:(

· Registered
15 Posts
blownsol said:
Steve......

Did you have to completely remove the original S2k seat rails from the s2k seats and then what exactly did you have to modify on the del Sol rails to make it work?

Would you say you sit higher, lower or about the same height as the original del Sol seats?

al
Yeah I think the boots were from you, nice work!

I did have to completly dissasemble all the seats, and put the
s2k ones on the sol rails, everything bolted up except I had to
drill 1 hole on each seat support to make them more sturdy. You
don't really need to do it, but I had time and it was a nice day.
The hardest part was a rusty floorboard bolt that I had to drill out.
There is a difference in how they recline, they wont go WAY back like the factory ones, but I'm tall so I'll never have them forward enough to lean back past the max recline. I would have to say they sit about the same height. I can't remember anymore.

I thought about racing seats, but I wanted leather touring recliners, and its a Honda part!

· Registered
2 Posts
my topic and im late....

they sit about an inch taller maybe less.... custumising of the rails is needed and taking apart some of the seats leather is also needed.... as long as you use del rails the seats any seat will sit as close to stock as it can.... those rsx seats are probably on the rsx rails.... cause i have been in an rsx and they are exacly like s2000 seats... so identical my butt feelt at home:D

· Registered
16 Posts
Steve: Thanks for the info, you said you were tall, well over 6ft? How far is the top of your head from the roof panel or the rear overhead roll bar brace? Because you did say you keep the seat all the way back.

Apoc: Same question as above and I cant seem to find your pics on the web, could you send me a link?

thx gentlemen,

al

· Registered
15 Posts
blownsol said:
Steve: Thanks for the info, you said you were tall, well over 6ft? How far is the top of your head from the roof panel or the rear overhead roll bar brace? Because you did say you keep the seat all the way back.

al
I'm about 6'2 and I dont think my head comes over the top of the seats, I think I still have about 6" of headroom clearance. Enough to have a helmet on, and never hit the top...
I usually dont have my seat back all the way, maybe 2 inches from all the way back. If I'm driving agressively, I'll bring it forward even more.

Steve

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.