Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of puttin a s2000 speedo in my crx. has anybody done this? ive herd eg swaps done before so i figure i could get it to work in my crx i know its going to be alot of work but i think it will be worth it...so if anyone has done this or any tips for me would be great....got to go find a cluster on ebay now

·
Registered
64 Posts
AkronCrxSi said:
i was thinking of puttin a s2000 speedo in my crx. has anybody done this? ive herd eg swaps done before so i figure i could get it to work in my crx i know its going to be alot of work but i think it will be worth it...so if anyone has done this or any tips for me would be great....got to go find a cluster on ebay now
been done
http://www.jtuned.com/content/...eid=1

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mr.13Luder said:
link dont work.

:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Ditto

If this has been done please let me know!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
ok well has anybody come up with an actual write up on this and install?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Pullinaheadh22 said:
ok well has anybody come up with an actual write up on this and install?
its not an easy instal and needs alot more than a little write up

teh guage shoudl fit in fine but then you have to get a vss or somehtign for the tranny then u need stuff to get the speedo and temperature guage to actually work right...very confusing and way to much work...but i would do it if i had a s2000 speedo layin around or got one reall cheap

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's useless if the speedo and temp doesnt work. I was thinking that, isnt the CRX speedo mechanical?

But...i give it up, it does look super tit.
:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
it may not be hard to get it in there and have the tach work. but getting the speedo to work requires eletrical engineering skills and circuit board wiring. the same goes for the coolant temp also. im not too sure about other notification lights and such yet.

There is ONE person to ever accomplish this, a guy from the UK. when i say one i mean he got eveyrthing working. he was going to produce black boxes to plug n plya them but he seems to have dissapeared....

i plan on doing it myself since i know a few electrical engineering students....but we will see. dont count on a writeup due to the complexity lol..

·
Registered
61 Posts
pearlwhite_HF said:
lol ROYMAN you have the best 2 cars in the world

I have an 89 rex and an 01 s2000

hellllll yes :number1

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
has anybody gotton everything to work on the speedo in the us yet?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts