Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
The previous WRXs are a tad faster than the current series.

Time wise bother are close (0-60, however I would say WRX quicker to the 1/4). It may come down to the driver.

Money wise, WRX is the better bang.;)

· Registered
11 Posts
you just got your car, do you want another or trade your WRX in? I've thought of buying a WRX a few months back when i fishtailed and wreck my s2000 the second time. I wanted an all-wheel-drive car.

I haven't raced one yet, but i'd hate to race a supped up WRX. If you want speed, hang on to the subaru and mod it. If you want look and go, the S2000 will not let you down. Personally i'd love to have both cars.

· Registered
1,885 Posts
id still pick a s2000 over a WRX anyday, theres so many of them around here, its getting rather annoying(WRX that is) big headed teenagers just got a wrx.. think they are so big&bad and come up to the stoplight against my supra. haha yeah right. one kid was bragging so much about his 'BPU' wrx and i dusted him by at least 10 car lengths.

im just loyal to toyota and honda, that is all i will ever buy

· Registered
11 Posts
wait a minute...."everything" doesn't mean everything, i just like supras and if i were older, that means when they were still making supras i would have one. Im too late for the party, back in 98 i didn't have the money i was till a seinor..ofcourse i can still look for a used supra but they're hard to come by

· Registered
1,486 Posts
bottom line....it will depends on the start. Whoever get the better start will win...

What ever the situation you would wanna put your money on the WRX (everyhting being the same)..turbo and AWD just owns!

:D

· Registered
324 Posts
Ha ha this is funny, it should be pretty obvious, stock vs. stock the S2000 will win but after some serious modification the WRX will have better low end and high end speed/acceleration. WRX better bang for buck but ugly + cheap everything besides motor... S2000 is fair priced, way better looking, "N/A KING in japan/usa," interior is far superior to WRX, overall quality is way better, oh did i mention better tranny?

· Registered
2,036 Posts
your on a thin line by comparing the two since the WRX isn't in the S2K category. With a BPU installment on the WRX, there's no way in hell a stock S2K would keep up. Stock for stock, I'd put my money on S2k. It all depends on drivers tool. Experienced drivers that will take their S2k's to the limit and launch at 6000rpm+ will get a huge lead, however WRX w/ AWD and a turbo would make for a good race. Overall, WRX offers 4WD turbo passengers, the S2K is stricly roadster going. WRX is also cheaper, but S2K is just beautiful. If I was to go with one, currently, it'd be the S2k

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Well yeah...lets do it. Come to Salt Lake City /Utah and make sure you got them chains on the wheels cos you'll need them. Race will be on ice. bahahah :D

· Registered
2,548 Posts
In a race with decent conditions the S2000 will win in stock form. Its just that simple.

Let the conditions get wet and/or traction limited in whatever way, and the WRX walks all over the S2000.

The WRX is "easier" to drive at 98%. The S2000 can get twitchy at the limit if you dont know how to drive it correctly. But with equal GOOD drivers, the S2000 wins.

HOWEVER...

the WRX has a few advantages...

1) practicality...its a 4 door, small, but its going to seat twice as many people.

2) mid-range power... on the street, you dont need to be revving the thing to redline to pass people. Its got good "emuf" from pretty low.

3) Insurance, im young, lots of people on this board are too....it matters.

4) Saftey. WRX has a roof, nuff said. Its also easier to get out of trouble with on the roads, and its heavier, meaning it has an advantage over a S2000 in an accident.

5) Upgradeability. Get rid of the 3 cats, and open up the intake, and give it some more boost. Easy 12s. You cant do that with a S2000, sorry.

The cars are different, figure out what kind of car you need, and buy accordingly.:)

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.