Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Honda Prelude with a 2001 Honda Prelude five lug conversion and I am currently looing into buy some wheels when I thought how about some OEM S2000 rims??!!!
Well I have come to find out the stock SK2 wheels are STAGGERED (Front Size 16 x 6 -45 offset, Rear Size 16 x 7 1/2 -55 offset).
Does anyone know if these will fit correctly on any year Prelude?? :confused

BTW:
The standared wheel size/offset on a 92-01 Honda Prelude is (16 X 6 -55 offset)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
the offsets arent correct... its not impossible to do it cause ive already seen it before... but you need to do some adjustments... why get oem s2000 rims ? why not just get some SSR. volks, or some works, advans, wedsports and call it a day ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
+1 incorrect offset. they'll bolt right up...but...yeah...all those wheels he mentioned are way sweet. but they don't have an "h" in the center. the SH wheels are closer to s2k wheels if you wanted to keep an OEM style wheel. Or, if you just like the fact that it has the H you can find some that will take the center cap and retrofit it in there.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
7.5" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen.

Less than +40mm ::: Not Recommended
+40mm to +43mm ::: Not Recommended if you are, or plan to be, lowered. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well. Wouldn't recommend using any tire with an overall diameter larger than stock and/or with a tire width larger than 215.
+44mm to +47mm ::: This is a grey area if you are lowered, results vary depending on tire and/or drop. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well. Wouldn't recommend using a tire with an overall diameter more than slightly larger than stock, you chances of rubbing increase.
+48mm to +52mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 7.5" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +53mm ::: Not Recommend. You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

Compliments PO.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
the offsets arent correct... its not impossible to do it cause ive already seen it before... but you need to do some adjustments... why get oem s2000 rims ? why not just get some SSR. volks, or some works, advans, wedsports and call it a day ?
re: on my own comment... the back wheels are actually bigger and wider on the s2k... so if your thinking of swapping out wheels from front to back for the s2k... good luck cause they are actually of different size.. slightly bigger... so for the prelude... offset not correct

1 - 9 of 9 Posts