Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
yup yup yup. i remember it being well over a thousand bucks, because the airbag alone is like up to a thousand bucks, then the wheel itself, the hub, blah blah. might as well go turbo buddy.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Same deal. Airbags are really expensive. Try Ebay. They ocasionally have a JDM 3 spoke leather wheel from an older model w/ no airbags.

·
Registered
672 Posts
probably wont fit, and the wiring harness might not fit as well. most likely u'll have to get a new airbag, and good luck with getting a jdm one, if u notice, there aren't as many jdm SRS steering wheels on ebay anymore, because they made it illegal to ship or carry anything on an airplane that can eplode, such as an air bag.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
will a car pass safety inspection if there is no airbag in the steering wheel? i think all factory safety equipment is required to work to pass inspection.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
stick with the same wheel...really is it worth it to change the steering wheel??:confused:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
LudeAction said:

our wheel is too damn big, the s2k is smaller and looks badass
yep...and i wish we had digital numbers to indicate our speed instead of a needle lit by wal mart light bulbs..

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
LudeAction said:

our wheel is too damn big, the s2k is smaller and looks badass
I guess that supports my theory....people want what they don't have:)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
lOOkatme said:

I guess that supports my theory....people want what they don't have:)
i want a clear steering wheel, with little cheese graders on the side! and if possible, get some fake looking chrome painted plastic for the middle, with a huge glowing type R emblem!!!!!!!!!!
wahoo!

:p

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
wutangben said:

i want a clear steering wheel, with little cheese graders on the side! and if possible, get some fake looking chrome painted plastic for the middle, with a huge glowing type R emblem!!!!!!!!!!
wahoo!

:p
Too late, I've had all those things for like a year.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
lOOkatme said:
stick with the same wheel...really is it worth it to change the steering wheel??:confused:
it would reduce a lot of weight, if you got rid of the airbag. i also think airbags harm more than they help...my friend was badly injured by one in a small accident in his maxima.

also, the paint is chipping off my steering wheel. it looks like shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts