Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. been doing alot of research on the 1st SAFC and i got one for free. my tuned ecu reset itself so im back on a stock map again :(

im just trying to figure out what percentages i need to set my SAFC at. i know every car is different but alot of people have my same setup.

Turbo d16z6
440cc injectors
p06 ecu with obd1 conversion harness
to4 turbo internally wastegated
greddy front mount with charge piping
greddy type s bov
xs power manual boost controller
xs power turbo manifold

i basically need to know what my fuel curves are suppose to be, i do however know it is running super RICH.

right now off the top of my head i know its at cylender 4, upper right arrow. pressure 7 in 6 out (let me know if thats too much)

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
safc's are garbage...sell it and get an eprom.

i would never tune a custom turbo setup with a piggyback

where are you located

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Make sure the pages your read when doing research on SAFCs arent from '99....

Piggybacks are a big NO. Even though you MIGHT see some gains, it is not the way to go at all....

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Make sure the pages your read when doing research on SAFCs arent from '99....

Piggybacks are a big NO. Even though you MIGHT see some gains, it is not the way to go at all....
yeah you can't control timing or injector pulsewidth for starters. key things you need for tuning especially with FI. it's not like you have a factory turbo ecu. you're tuning an n/a ecu to run a custom fi setup. even on a factory turbo care i wouldn't recommend it. i ran an safc for a year and swore i'd never go back. all it does is lie to the ecu about the air signals it receives from the map sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah you can't control timing or injector pulsewidth for starters. key things you need for tuning especially with FI. it's not like you have a factory turbo ecu. you're tuning an n/a ecu to run a custom fi setup. even on a factory turbo care i wouldn't recommend it. i ran an safc for a year and swore i'd never go back. all it does is lie to the ecu about the air signals it receives from the map sensor.
thanks for all the replies.

but so far the safc seems to be helping with idling and revving, im not really lookin to make 250whp just a modest 200whp. nothin crazy

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
thanks for all the replies.

but so far the safc seems to be helping with idling and revving, im not really lookin to make 250whp just a modest 200whp. nothin crazy
yeah i was too and i severely recommend against using it. when dealing with FI you need an accurate tune. you're still leaving a lot the decisions up to the factory ecu that is out of your control. you're only lying to the ecu by intercepting the signal from the air sensors. you're leaving your timing and injector control up to the factory equipment which can be a very scary thing. you're adding over 100whp to car seriously sell it and get your ecu chipped/tuned so you can actually tune it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was too and i severely recommend against using it. when dealing with FI you need an accurate tune. you're still leaving a lot the decisions up to the factory ecu that is out of your control. you're only lying to the ecu by intercepting the signal from the air sensors. you're leaving your timing and injector control up to the factory equipment which can be a very scary thing. you're adding over 100whp to car seriously sell it and get your ecu chipped/tuned so you can actually tune it.
i really cant get the car daily driven with an SAFC? if so then that sucks lol

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
i really cant get the car daily driven with an SAFC? if so then that sucks lol
sure you can but that's not the problem. You want it reliable don't you? you want it performing up to par with the money you've invested into it right? a chipped ecu is not even expensive yet will do far more than a piggyback will do. tunning with a chipped ecu is far more beneficial than a piggyback will ever be

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure you can but that's not the problem. You want it reliable don't you? you want it performing up to par with the money you've invested into it right? a chipped ecu is not even expensive yet will do far more than a piggyback will do. tunning with a chipped ecu is far more beneficial than a piggyback will ever be
that is true. thank u very much for your input Darkness.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
that is true. thank u very much for your input Darkness.
np i'd sell the afc and get a chipped ecu if it were me. in terms of setting i'm not sure anybody could help you here because nobody uses anything like that here. it's all chipped p28's and such

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
only 3 options to properly run a modified honda OBD0/1/2 setup

Chipping and tuning OBD1 ecu

Running AEM EMS standalone

Running megasquirt

anything outside of these is fuggin dumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts