Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have microsoft anti spyware beta 1 on my computer. and everytime i start my computer i get he same warning.

it says something like coolwebsearch is trying id trying to load itself to your computer. then it asks if i want to remove it, i remove it but it always comes back?
why do i keep getting this? i just got comcast broadbad so could it be coming from that?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I would suggest getting some sort of protection. adaware, lavasoft, etc...

However personally i've found that those aren't the most thorough (hey, when stuff is free you can't expect everything). I got PC-cillin Internet Security and haven't had ONE problem yet. I would suggest getting something that has ad/spy ware protection as well as anti-virus. It is well worth it IMHO.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
get "Hijack This" It will list all the stuff in your registry and you can weed the bad stuff out.

Sounds like it's put a registry key that sets it to install all the time.

Do a search for the "Run", or "RunOnce" registry keys and talk the thing that refers to that search engine thingy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
AEgeus said:
get "Hijack This" It will list all the stuff in your registry and you can weed the bad stuff out.

Sounds like it's put a registry key that sets it to install all the time.

Do a search for the "Run", or "RunOnce" registry keys and talk the thing that refers to that search engine thingy.
I had a similar problem a little while ago, I used that program, it helped

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
do a search for cwsshredder it works good on this

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The man who said cwshredder is correct, its made specifically for coolwebsearch and its variants. Find if on google by searching "cwshredder.exe" :tu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts