Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
4th gen oil filters are pretty damn close to the rear subframe and with that thing im not sure you could get the oil filter on...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah it should work just fine... I've seen a lot of those used... it's definitely a cleaner install than some of the other stuff I've seen to run oil lines.

HKS makes one I think... which I think would be of better quality.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts

PART: GReddy oil filter block adapter

DESCR: GReddy Oil Filter Block adapters provide an easy way to install oil pressure and oil temperature gauge sensors. Now, one unit includes 3 different threads and 2 different o-ring diameters to fit most Japanese engines. Made from billet aluminum and simple to install, this adapter mounts between the oil filter and engine block.

FITS: most Honda (M20xP1.5)

MSRP: $70

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- -
.. also available ..

PART: Greddy oil filter relocation kit

DECR: This kit allows you to relocate the factory oil filter for easy maintenance with a trick look. Billet adapters allow for easy installation of gauge sensors, such as oil pressure and oil temperature. Also included are brackets, Earl's fittings and perform-O-flex hoses (use of 1985-87 Toyota Corolla GTS Oil filter required).

FITS: most honda (M20xP1.5)
MSRP: 164.95

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
aznswtlkr said:
damn this is what I've been looking for to install my oil pressure gauge, what a nice find, i never knew this thing exist. Should work on 5th gen right? good find.
ya know, on the exhasut side of the head, right around the corner from the vtec solenoid there is a bolt going into the head. for diagnosing oil delivery problems, the stealership hooks an oil pressure gauge to that hole after the remove the screw. ima unscrew that and screw in the sending unit for the gauge. why dont you do that?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
johnlude85 said:
ya know, on the exhasut side of the head, right around the corner from the vtec solenoid there is a bolt going into the head. for diagnosing oil delivery problems, the stealership hooks an oil pressure gauge to that hole after the remove the screw. ima unscrew that and screw in the sending unit for the gauge. why dont you do that?
yeah we discussed this location before, im just hesitating to unscrew it, last time i tried it the hex key almost stripped the hole on plug because it was on there so tight, im scare i might stripped it and would be screwed if in the future the stealership might want to open it if something wrong with my car.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
aznswtlkr said:
yeah we discussed this location before, im just hesitating to unscrew it, last time i tried it the hex key almost stripped the hole on plug because it was on there so tight, im scare i might stripped it and would be screwed if in the future the stealership might want to open it if something wrong with my car.
omg its so easy to get out if your careful. just get a can of PB Blaster, or some kind of penetrating spray for stuck bolts and shit and just spray it with that. and even if you do strip it, there are ways to get it out. its no big deal. but that is defenately the best part to tie into.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
johnlude85 said:
omg its so easy to get out if your careful. just get a can of PB Blaster, or some kind of penetrating spray for stuck bolts and shit and just spray it with that. and even if you do strip it, there are ways to get it out. its no big deal. but that is defenately the best part to tie into.
ok then, im gonna hold you solely responsible if it goes wrong, :D yeah i'll try it later with some penetrating oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts