Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
I usually use my NR 2000 digital for base and pearl, and occasionaly sealer (I have an older satajet 90 I usually use for sealer) . I prefer my sata RP for clear, or my helper's iawata (sp?) . I have used the nr for clear probably 10-15 times though and its not bad, I just seem to be able to lay it out slicker with my rp. L8r

·
Registered
207 Posts
The iawata's are freakin light to, atleast compared to the sata lineup. Like a stock flywheel vs the 8lb aluminum one.
Your hand isn't tired after doing an all over 3 stage pearl like it is after using the sata guns for the same thing. Check em out sometime. I still prefer the sata's for basecoat though, just layes it out better, not splochy or anything. L8r

·
Registered
5 Posts
We're an all iwata shop. Love the guns but it's an acquired taste. You have to pick the right setting, i.e. rate of spray, etc. but once you get comfortable with it, you don't want to use anything else.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rab2039 said:
We're an all iwata shop. Love the guns but it's an acquired taste. You have to pick the right setting, i.e. rate of spray, etc. but once you get comfortable with it, you don't want to use anything else.
do you use the W-400, or LPH- 400, the paint suplier for our shop said i could try one out for a coupla days and i was gonna spray a coupla test pannels this weekend, but which one do i use for what, they dont know alot about them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts