Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sato receives "Rookie of the Year award"

Takuma Sato, Formula One driver for BAR Honda was today presented with the "Rookie of the Year Award" for his performances during the 2004 Formula One season.

The presentation was made by Mr Christophe Veyrin-Forrer, president of L'Automobile, the highly respected monthly French motoring magazine, at a lunch in Paris attended also by Mr Hirose, President of Honda France.

On receiving the award, Takuma commented "I am very honoured to receive this great award from L'Automobile which is such a famous magazine in France. It is great to receive recognition from journalists and the public outside Japan, it really means a lot to me".

Mr Veyrin-Forrer, on making the award said "We are proud to make this award to Takuma who was such a great inspiration to us in 2004. His fighting spirit is great for Formula One. Personally, he is a very professional, eloquent and sympathic pilot and we are very happy to present him with this award.

The trophy itself was made by former famous French F1 photographer Emmanuel Zurini, better known as "Manou" Zurini. Manou turned to sculpture in the early 90s and mainly works on bronze or stone.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
L'AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE AWARD FOR TAKU.

L'AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE AWARD FOR TAKU.

Takuma Sato, Formula One driver for BAR Honda, was this week presented with the “Rookie of the Year Award” for his performances during the 2004 Formula One season.

The presentation was made by Mr Christophe Veyrin-Forrer, president of L'Automobile, the highly respected monthly French motoring magazine, at a lunch in Paris attended also by Mr Hirose, President of Honda France.

On receiving the award, Takuma commented: "I am very honoured to receive this great award from L'Automobile which is such a famous magazine in France. It is great to receive recognition from journalists and the public outside Japan, it really means a lot to me."

Mr Veyrin-Forrer, on making the award said: "We are proud to make this award to Takuma who was such a great inspiration to us in 2004. His fighting spirit is great for Formula One. Personally, he is a very professional, eloquent and sympathic pilot and we are very happy to present him with this award."

The trophy itself was made by former famous French F1 photographer Emmanuel Zurini, better known as "Manou" Zurini. Manou turned to sculpture in the early 90s and mainly works on bronze or stone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts