Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to www.GMInsidenews.com

"6 months after the production of the Saturn SKY, GM will introduce a Saturn SKY Redline, which will be powered by a turbocharged 253HP 2.0L Ecotec engine."
Another rumor i've heard indicates the same 253hp but with a Supercharged 2.2L Ecotec engine instead. I don't know which they'll go with (i hope turbocharged motor), but it should have around 253hp. Weight and size figures are pretty much the same as the s2000, and now with the 253 horses and redline treatment on the suspension/wheels/tires/brakes, it just might give the current s2000, Z4, etc... a run for their money. I just hope they price it under 28k. Hopefully the same engine will trickle down to the cheaper (less equipped) Pontiac Solstice version as well and we can get the same level of performance for 23k.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moon Ill said:
Ok, so the Sky and Solstice are being built on a ?kappa? and GM killed of the zeta right?
Yes, the Solstice and Sky are on the small rwd Kappa platform. The good thing about Kappa is it was approved and finalized before GM fell into this recent slump.

Yes, the zeta is said to be dead. But GM is now saying that they are still committed to bringing out a mid-sized rwd platform. So they might have another platform up their sleeve, who knows. But i doubt we will see this mid-sized rwd platform in productino before 2009. Just look how long it took them to get the Kappa into production. It seems like they're moving awefully slow with bringing out new cars. But they're rushing to get the next gen full sized truck and SUV platforms out early. ONe can only assume that this new rwd mid-sized platform is on the back-burners for the time being with most of the resources going towards the new trucks/Suv's. i don't know...it's a real mess within GM right now so nothing is really clear.

·
Registered
639 Posts
5.0 said:
Yes, the Solstice and Sky are on the small rwd Kappa platform. The good thing about Kappa is it was approved and finalized before GM fell into this recent slump.

Yes, the zeta is said to be dead. But GM is now saying that they are still committed to bringing out a mid-sized rwd platform. So they might have another platform up their sleeve, who knows. But i doubt we will see this mid-sized rwd platform in productino before 2009. Just look how long it took them to get the Kappa into production. It seems like they're moving awefully slow with bringing out new cars. But they're rushing to get the next gen full sized truck and SUV platforms out early. ONe can only assume that this new rwd mid-sized platform is on the back-burners for the time being with most of the resources going towards the new trucks/Suv's. i don't know...it's a real mess within GM right now so nothing is really clear.
Rush to get the SUV's our before future higher fuel prices kill sales so they make back the developement money. Then you make some gravy off the pickup sales but put all your developement bucks back into fuel efficent cars. Ah it's the 60's all over again for GM with SUV's standing in for muscle cars. I'm glad Ford is bringing out new cars and new drivetrains. Cobalt and G6 drivetrains sound like they were lifted from the models they replaced.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
prored2000 said:
Rush to get the SUV's our before future higher fuel prices kill sales so they make back the developement money. Then you make some gravy off the pickup sales but put all your developement bucks back into fuel efficent cars. Ah it's the 60's all over again for GM with SUV's standing in for muscle cars. I'm glad Ford is bringing out new cars and new drivetrains. Cobalt and G6 drivetrains sound like they were lifted from the models they replaced.
er..... history repeat again?? how sad is dat.. and back then onli the japanese make small and fuel efficient cars ugh.. not good... onli ford try to sell hybrid and they start with SUV very clever. ford got a better future than GM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.