Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm just polling the forum as to what jobs you have and what your S2k payments look like, in general. I want to save up as much cash as possible so sometime in the ladder part of 2006 I can find a clean 2002 or 2003 model. My job right now SUX any ideas for a new job? :eek: Also what's your insurance like on the car? Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
hey man, i work at bank of america. the pay is....decent ;). Insurance is $800 for 6 months.

Kyle R

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KyleRekCivic said:
hey man, i work at bank of america. the pay is....decent ;). Insurance is $800 for 6 months.

Kyle R
Wow thats not bad at all for insurance. I have just liability on my car, I'm 23 with a clean driving record and pay like $336 or something every 6 mos. Geico. Who do you have?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kyle what do you do at BOA? Do you get special financing since you work there?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Personal Banker. I financed through navy fed for 2.9% (i'm from a military family, so i have free accounts with Navy Fed). BOA's rates are much higher.

Update: Decided to stick with the soft top and get the Comptech S/C this summer. i'll post pics (step by step if anyone is interested) when i put it on.

Kyle R

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KyleRekCivic said:
Personal Banker. I financed through navy fed for 2.9% (i'm from a military family, so i have free accounts with Navy Fed). BOA's rates are much higher.

Update: Decided to stick with the soft top and get the Comptech S/C this summer. i'll post pics (step by step if anyone is interested) when i put it on.

Kyle R
Cool man, if you s/c that car it'll beat almost anything. I'd like to see some photos. Not necessarily step by step, but maybe after some major steps. Good luck.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eric5582 said:
Hey Man, I got a 2002 s2000 with under 3000 mi. Insur. for me is about $490 full coverage for 6 months (Met life). Payments are about $360 for the car w a 15k pay off. You can do it!
Not bad, not too bad at all. I'll def be able to get one then, but it wont be for another year, b/c I'm currently trying to get in dental school, and taking full time classes. I'm only working part time making jack shit, so when I get a real job next year I'll start saving and looking for a S2000 :number1

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Iceman16v said:
Not bad, not too bad at all. I'll def be able to get one then, but it wont be for another year, b/c I'm currently trying to get in dental school, and taking full time classes. I'm only working part time making jack shit, so when I get a real job next year I'll start saving and looking for a S2000 :number1
get into dental school and hold off on the s2k. getting through that is the most important thing right now. after ur a dentist it won't be a problem to afford 5 s2k's :)

i'm in the same boat. medical school. making my prelude last me a good 4 or 5 more years.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lumanogin said:
get into dental school and hold off on the s2k. getting through that is the most important thing right now. after ur a dentist it won't be a problem to afford 5 s2k's :)

i'm in the same boat. medical school. making my prelude last me a good 4 or 5 more years.
Well my car is 9 yrs old, and I dont really want to drive it 6 more. Dont want to worry about problems on an OLD car. Besides the only way I'd get one is if I could work a lot before I started school and pay for all or most of the car. If it doesnt work out, eh no big deal. But it doesnt hurt to dream :rolleyes

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a yellow 01 s2k. I pay about 380 a month and i did a zero down thing. Going through patelco.org they have good loan rates. Insurance for me is 680 every 6 months for 2 cars. The trick is to have a daily driver, and use your s2k as a weekend car. =)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My credit union loan rates are 4%.
Their home equity loans are 4%, but are tax deductable, so the net interest rate in my tax bracket will net out making the true rate; 2.5%.

With 12 grand down,, my payment will be about $550, but I'll get back some money on my tax return to take the sting out.
It's a lotta dough,, don't think I won't appreciate the S2000 at that monthly nut. It's well worth it. A teriffc, unique car the s2000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.