Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

saw 93 Lx 4D with 9000RMP ???

1K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  97CIVICoupe 
#1 ·
saw 93 Lx 4D with 9000RPM ???

today i was at a car daler, i saw 93 Lx 4D with 9000RMP on the gauge.... whats that all about?

NOTE: im new to the civic world

EDIT: RPM**

#6 ·
The only stock civics that come anywhere close to that are the Type R's which we unfortunately do not have for sale in the United States. The only way there would be a Civic Type R here is if it was specially imported. Are you sure the redline is at 9000 rpm? The US doesn't have a civic that redlines at 9000 rpm.

#7 ·
White93Civic said:
The only stock civics that come anywhere close to that are the Type R's which we unfortunately do not have for sale in the United States. The only way there would be a Civic Type R here is if it was specially imported. Are you sure the redline is at 9000 rpm? The US doesn't have a civic that redlines at 9000 rpm.
no joke bro, i saw two of em at two differnt dealer 1993 LX 4D
and the car was STOCK... i even pop the hood,

#12 ·
TekRacerX said:
Don't the spoon gauge cluster have a tach that go up to 9K?.....of course i doubt both of those cars had spoon gauges....
at 1st i thought its was an aftermarket gauge, although they look OEM, at 2nd dealer i saw another one with 9K RPM. i was very surprised... and both of them was auto

#18 ·
White93Civic said:
Well man, I've never heard of anything like that. Don't get me wrong, I believe what your saying. If you do manage to find out what it is I definitely want to know. It has my interest now:eek2:
i think i'll take a pic of the car, under the hood, gauge..etc
thanks for the replys guys

#20 ·
Well LX_Coupe has obviously been in the scene for long enough that he knows where the redline on the gauges begins. The Accord gauges are basically the same. And yea, when you put it into the red that can cause problems unless you have beefed up the bottom end. So we still haven't solved this mystery.

#21 ·
The only OEM USDM Civic tach that goes to 9,000 is in the 6gen Si.. The redline STARTS at 8,000, and ends at 9,500..

The Spoon cluster goes to 11,000RPM..

#24 ·
B16B type r swap, you misread the tach, spoon gauge cluster, civic type r gauge cluster, or you are crazy lol....i have a 4dr civic and the red ends at about 9k, so yeah. Anyways I hope that solves it

#26 ·
i want that gauge cluster anyone know of any places to get it besides directly from spoon and how much they cost

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.