Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently informed by paypal that they were unable to retrieve a SINGLE dime from Dstein ([email protected]/[email protected]). This scammer will be getting served with a load of justice from me, my cousin, a lawyer, and a guy from here who also got scammed. not to mention the NASTC, who he claimed he was using and fraudalently used their logo on his fake invoice.

if you guys go to the classifieds section of the **************** classified's buyer/seller feedback forum, you can see more details.

he even had the nerve to talk back to me in the scammer post. probably trying to convince more peopel to buy from him while he could.

I have contacted him with what he wants to do to settle this, and if i get no word, charges will be pressed, records will be subpoenaed, and time in jail will be served.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I had sent a seller on ebay 430 and never recieved what i bought. Paypal charged back his account but since he had no money in it, i was beat. I filed complaints with ifcc and internet fraud taskforce but basically since it's under 500 it's not federal and i would have to file a comlaint to the local court where he lives which was in nevada and i live in nj. To make a long story short, nothing was done the get my money back...

P.S do not buy anything from Anthony Grasso
ebay id Agrasso and he had a positive rating of 43...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my purhchas was well over 500, i wil definitely make it a federal case. anyone live in Wisconsin? He lives near Oshkosh. I heard he goes to school in illinois

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
lol buying from someone with a rating of 43...are you nuts?!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I use paypal alot, but don't anyone get delusions that they have any intention of helping you recover your money from scammers! They already got their fees from the scammer, if they give you your money back they have to refund their portion too.

Ever wonder why PayPal presses you to use your existing PayPal funds or bank account to pay for everything and discourages you from using credit cards? For starters, they don't want to pay the merchant fee to the credit card company, it cuts into profits. Second, most credit cards offer fraud protection which ends up in a chargeback to the merchant, since PayPal is the collecting agent it comes out off them when you win your case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup. i've already expressed my extreme discontent with their service and surprisingly got responses from their risk department. we'll see what they have to say after i give them a piece of my mind.

don't think for one second that you're protected using paypal. NEVER PURCHASE FROM HONDA CLASSIFIEDS! ONLY PICKUPS! SAVE YOURSELF SOME HEADACHES!

·
Registered
61 Posts
uuuh :bh i want to buy a supercharger from him! dammn it! he dont have pix, :cry dont accept COD or pick up! :cry

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
ThunderStrike said:
uuuh :bh i want to buy a supercharger from him! dammn it! he dont have pix, :cry dont accept COD or pick up! :cry
I wouldn't be banging my head and crying, if I were you I'd be thanking my lucky stars you found out before giving him money! He doesn't even have a supercharger to sell you man, just looking for a sucker who will go for a deal that's too good to be true, literally.

BUYING/SELLING LAWS:
1) If a seller refuses to allow a local buyer to pickup or even meet to seal the deal, DO NOT BUY! They either are a complete fraud, or have priced the products low so they can rape you on shipping to make up for it.
2) If a buyer wants to meet in person and pay with anything other than CASH, do not sell! They'll walk with your products and you'll be stuck with a bad check or fake money order.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
klungemonger said:
BUYING/SELLING LAWS:
1) If a seller refuses to allow a local buyer to pickup or even meet to seal the deal, DO NOT BUY! They either are a complete fraud, or have priced the products low so they can rape you on shipping to make up for it.
2) If a buyer wants to meet in person and pay with anything other than CASH, do not sell! They'll walk with your products and you'll be stuck with a bad check or fake money order.

Well put

1 - 11 of 11 Posts