Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a pair for the Eg/GSR.

Some questions I have about slicks / drag radials:

1) Are the 2 (slicks / drag radials) the same thing just different names?

2) How long do slicks usually last? I would guess it's measured in passes down the track / burning out.

3) What do the numbers on a slick represent?
Example: 22 X 8 X 13 I'm guessing the 13 is the rim diameter, 8 is the width of the rim, and 22 is the overall tire diameter. Again just taking a guess.

4) Would an ALL motor (pretty much stock GSR) motor benefit using slicks? My best time is a 9.357 (16" Rota C8's) in the 1/8th only turning 2.3-2.4 60' times. Hopefully with the slciks I could get down to 2.0 60'
Is that possible?

5) What are good brands to look for? I hear a lot about Mickey Thompson slicks.

I think that is all I have. Couldn't find any threads covering slicks, so school me on them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
they are not the same. d/r is a street tire (tubeless). a slick is strictly a track tire (there is a tube in it). lasting issues vary greatly. the #'s are height, width, and rim size. you can get 2.0 60 ft. times with drag radials. plus you can drive them to the track.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HLHIII said:
they are not the same. d/r is a street tire (tubeless). a slick is strictly a track tire (there is a tube in it). lasting issues vary greatly. the #'s are height, width, and rim size. you can get 2.0 60 ft. times with drag radials. plus you can drive them to the track.
I read up on the 2 since the original post, so I know that :p

j/k

Check out what I got for $60 today:

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135813

1 - 3 of 3 Posts